• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'97 F350 balljoint dana 60, complete

kastein

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Pulled this out of a '97 F350, it's got balljoints, 3.55 gears iirc, half the front driveshaft, axle is complete, includes hubs, rotors, calipers, the works. I was going to use it but I am picking up a kingpin axle instead.

Pickup in Southbridge, I might be able to deliver but probably not, my van's transmission is on the blink.

$250 OBO

Possible trades: 4.88 or deeper good used or new gearsets for HP 44, HP 60, 30 spline 44 locker of some sort, 35 spline 60 locker of some sort, maybe an SRW 14bolt (preferably with CNC hubs on it, but will consider others), 62-64" wide rear 60 (don't care about gears), or make trade offers

only if it comes with a can of spray paint so I can properly label the tranny van

sale pending - will probably know by tomorrow.

sale still pending, the guy doesn't seem too interested but keeps saying he'll be by real soon now... not that I can really point fingers there.

not really, I have more one ton rears sitting around than I know what to do with... I'm up to 3 rear 60s now :dunno:

A 14 bolt with one or more of the following would definitely interest me, though: CNC hubs preinstalled, geared to 5.13/5.38, or shaved. More than one of those and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a fair trade.

Pretty sure it's sold as of tomorrow afternoon, we'll see.

If by some chance it doesn't sell, what is the wms width on it? I'm assuming if you were gonna use it, the pumpkin is located such that stock XJ coil width would work?

If answers to above work... Very interested, cash in hand.

I actually don't know what it is width wise, I grabbed it because it was cheaper than the kingpin axles I could find and it was sitting in a junkyard I go to frequently waiting to be crushed. I pulled it, dragged it home, threw it in the yard, planned on using it eventually, then a week or two ago I found a kingpin axle for a price I could stomach so this one is up for sale.

Hasn't sold yet but will supposedly be sold tomorrow.

Sold.

xjh3 - if I see another in the yards I will tell you where it is and/or help pull it in exchange for beer and gas money, etc.

THIS JUST IN

I have another lined up. Out of a 96 f350 diesel, axle code C5, should have 4.10 gears, engine fire over the driver side, axle looks perfectly fine but the brake hose is burnt so I would suggest replacing the driver side caliper. Balljoint and TRE boots look fine so the rest should be ok.

Will be pulling it early tomorrow.

I'll let you know when I verify gears + balljoint/ujoint/steering/bearing condition, etc after pulling it. Should be out by around noon at the latest.

Yup SRW. I have it pulled now. Everything looks to be in good shape, aside from possibly the caliper I mentioned and a few grease boots. The rotor dust shields are wasted but those should be coming off anyways unless you like holding clods of mud against your rotors...

Sold! Will bump if I find another.

Xjh3, thanks for the unexpected use of your garage and flaring tools. If you are ever stranded or otherwise need help of any kind near me let me know, you have my number and I owe you.

Back