• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'97 Cherokee Classic, 35s, HP44 front, Spider9/Tru Hi9 Rear

basalt51

NAXJA Member #761
Hey All - I've decided it is time to part with my XJ. It has been great, but I just have no need for it anymore as my Dad and brother sold their jeeps and I just haven't used it in years. Description below is from my CL ad. Yes I know the asking price is high and I can be flexible there, but I'm not going to give it away. The axles alone are worth serious $$$. Not parting at this time, but the right offer on the right parts might change my mind.

1997 Jeep Cherokee Classic Dark Blue Metallic with 35" goodyear MTRs (the old ones) with tons of tread and full size spare. I am looking to get a pickup and keeping my LX450 (landcruiser) to wheel so wanting to sell this. Possible trade (or partial) for 2010+(ish) Tundra Crewmax 4x4. Asking $13,500, do not want to part out, but make an offer I cannot refuse and I would consider. I bought it in 2002 with 93000 miles. Cylinder 6 lost compression at 107K and I swapped in a Jeep TJ engine with ~30K on it. Been running great ever since. Now has 139K miles on it. It rarely leaves the drive way. Runs great. Axles were put in a few years ago but only have a few wheeling trips on them. I drive it to work a couple times a month to keep things moving and thats about it. Email with questions but will not reply to emails without a phone number to avoid spammers.

Dynatrack HP Dana 44 front axle with alloy shafts (plus some spare shafts), 4.88s, Detroit Locker, manual warn hubs
Flat top knuckles (one is reid racing knuckle)
Spider 9 Rear axle (Built by Wild West Offroad) with Tru Hi9 third member,
Explorer Brakes, 35-spline Dutchman axle shafts, 4.88s, Detroit locker (only a couple trips on this axle).
1 spare axle shaft
5.5" Rubicon Express shortarm lift with drop brackets
35" MTRs with fullsize spare on rockcrawler steel "streetlocks" - yes lame, but they have a big rolled steel lip that really protects the tire and wheel
BPI Fab Front and Rear Bumper with swingout tire carrier, hitch, d-ring loops
C-Rok steering box brace (with inner bracket), welded/integrated with BPI bumper.
Warn 9.5ti Winch w/ synthetic rope and safety connector (directly attaches d-ring, no hook)
Rocky Road Outfitters Rock Rails
Farmermatt Steel taillight boxes with LEDs
Skidrow Transfercase and gas tank skidplates.
Steel door plates (not painted or installed)
Hella lights
Jeepers creepers hd battery cables
Cobra 75 CB w/ firestik antenna
Husky liner mats throughout
New deepcycle battery
Custom Rock Rash (not much)
Lots of extra parts like stock bumpers, wheels/tires, swaybars, some steering parts,
Rear quarter panel guards, currently not installed

4.0 I6
Auto Trans.
NP231 Transfercase w/ Adv. Adapters SYE
Stereo with CD and 2 remotes

All Pics are here: http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/3500522918.html

2012-12-27_11-54-05_931.jpg
<br>
2012-12-27_11-52-55_898.jpg

seriously?

Yes?

CL add got pulled I think cause I had too many pictures. Will post them here tonight when I can.

Desertjr- I'll pm you about the axles.

EDIT: I'll just link to the album: Cherokee

Last edited:
I don't think I can edit the original post anymore, the axles/wheels are 5x5.5 bolt pattern.

nice rig man. I dig it. id be interested to see what you would sell the axles for, since you would have alot of guys interested in the front end

Thanks. I have had a lot of people asking about the axles.

First - New selling price $11,000 OBO

I think the original price was fair, but no one will pay it. I meant to change it in the original post for NAXJA but a dog fight distracted me and I never got back to this post.

Since I'm still more interested in selling complete, I'll pm you re:axles.

What rear corner guards do you have for it? Might be interested in them.

OOOH! Stock wheels and Tires? I need a set for my black jeep.. The way the economy is, it will be tough to get 11k out of any Cherokee these days.. If you want to unload them, let me know.. Good Luck with the sale eitherway.

xjcody - I believe they are BPI fab and will stay with the bumper for now.

CAJJ93XJ - Thanks for the offer on the axle, I may have to take you up on it. I could make the time, but really don't want to.
No stiffeners. That and a cage were the only things left on my list to do.

Rammin- The stock wheels may be available, just depends on what kinda deal gets made for the axles if I part. I may need to stockers.

I have a bare 30 housing with no carrier, shafts, or outers, but you can have it if you wanted it if you had some outers and stub shafts lying around

You guys are making it hard to NOT part it! :( I'ld hate to see this thing go in pieces :tear:

IMG_0173.JPG

IMG_0175.JPG

IMG_0040.JPG

damn good looking jeep. yah it sucks to part it, thing is nice, that true hi 9 is badass.

New Price $9500 OBO!!! - want to sell complete. Could knock some more off and keep the winch, tires/wheels, etc.

Thank you all for your offers and help. Jeep sold today. :(

I'll post up the few stock things I have remaining later.

Rammin - the wheels got your name on em...

Sold for $9k.

I haven't had a chance to look at the stock pile and this week is a little crazy but I'll post up what I can, when I can.

that was a sweet rig for sure.

Back