• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'95 Hood question

Atl XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I know this has been answered before but I can't remember and I couldnt find the answer on my search. I need to replace the hood on my '95, what years hood will work? Will all years work, or did they change the hood when they redid the front end on the 97+ models.
TIA :D

84-86--interchange
87-96-- interchange
97-01--interchange
Wayne

Wayne, what is the difference between the 87-96 and the 97-01 hoods? I was under the impression that they were interchangeable, and only the fenders, header panel, grille and bumpers had changed in the front end bodywork.

I'd really take a qualifier on that, heck I just went thru the hood thing with our 97TJ. First half year build was different from second half year build then in 98 they went back to the early 97 hood and half way thru again changed it. Had a fit getting the correct latches, prop rod and bumpers to work. They also did it with the freakin grill.
However if I was going to buy a hood for my XJ I'd get one of those steel hoods with the built in hood scoop.

I'm just looking for a cheap replacement hood from a junk yard thats in good condition. I guess I'll look for an 87-96 hood unless someone has a definite answer. My paint on my XJ is in great condition since I always make sure I keep a good coat of way on it and its been garaged most of its life, but I got some hail damage on it recently, but its only on the hood and the roof and I dont really care about the roof. A friend of my dad's owns a body shop and he told me could match it and he'd shoot it for $100. I have bigger and better plans for the rest of the insurance money. :D

So if anyone has a definite answer if the 97+ hood will work on a 95 let me know. I know someone has to know with all the 97+ front clip conversions I see.

Atl XJ said:
So if anyone has a definite answer if the 97+ hood will work on a 95 let me know. I know someone has to know with all the 97+ front clip conversions I see.

btt

Back