• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'88 v8 xj-- Double din Nav install + knob style '96 HVAC contorls

Rather just use a holder on an arm, easier for the passenger to see, and doesn't get in the way

a holder on an arm in lieu of what, to see what?

An arm to hold a screen / tablet. Then you don't have to integrate it, and you can turn it towards the passenger

ahh. Well, to each their own. I personally like the integrated look, but agree that would certainly be easier.

Hey man, this looks great! I'm glad to see that someone was able to reuse my diagrams. One question though, I had hell splicing the vacuum connections. How did you splice yours?

Also, for anyone else who happens upon this, 99 was the blend door cable to electronic transition. I have 2 98's, one late in 98 and one early and BOTH are cable. The provisions are available on the air box for electronic but the wiring is not.

Hey man, this looks great! I'm glad to see that someone was able to reuse my diagrams. One question though, I had hell splicing the vacuum connections. How did you splice yours?

It was actually pretty easy... I just got some .25 vacccum lines, and used male-male vaccum connectors. I kept the new harness on the new controls with some pigtails, put a touch of epoxy on the old line, shoved it into the new line, did the same on the other end, and then used the male-to-male connector. works great. (and in retrospect, shoving the old lines into the new lines was more than enough, didn't really need the epoxy. and REALLY don't need the male-to-male connectors -- I only used those because I assumed I was going to screw up the vaccum connections, and didn't want to be yanking on the old vaccum lines, but your write-up was dead on, and didn't need to redo anything) The vaccum lines were actually the easiest part of this. getting everything to fit with the DD nav unit was the pain.

tough to explain, but if you saw it you'd be like "ahhhh.. "

Thanks again for that write up -- you save me countless hours working on this. only thing I had to do was adapt for the (of course) different color wires in my '88 from your '93, but a few minutes with the '88 and '93 FSM and all was good.

I searched long and hard on this, and there are *no* write ups on how to do that -- your original post should definitly be made a sticky.

Back