• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'88 chopped doorless project - SE WI $500 OBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gil BullyKatz

NAXJA Forum User
I've come to the realization I don't have the time or resources to get her back running again so she's up for grabs. Would also like to keep car in garage this winter...

The Good:
'88 4.0 AW4 with approx 8" to 9" of lift...
rear full width 8.8 with custom leafpack, perches, driveshaft and bigger 1330 u-joints
Bayou Geep HD SYE kit
tranny oil cooler
steering pump cooler
GDI radiator
LeBaron hood vents
Front lift is extended coils/spacer combo
JKS adj swaybar links quick detach
RE trackbar
Rustys steering conversion
Mean Green starter

The Bad:
Engine/rod knock sidelined it years ago
misc small engine/interior parts salvaged for other jeeps
interior needs re-assembly
no wheels or tires - sold locally
can only provide bill of sale - NO Title
Buyer must bring own wheels/tires and mount to pull out of garage and either needs tow truck or flatbed. The rear 8.8 axle is 5x5.5 pattern, the front D30 is 5x4.5.

This would make a great trail/SHTF rig with a donor block and some decent rolling gear... Or salvage it out for your other rigs. There's over $400 in parts just in the starter and SYE kit...

$500 OBO

Wheels and tires are gone but to give an idea:

DSCF1302.jpg

DSCF1303.jpg

Pm or email

[email protected]

Also found these in the garage to go with it...

DSCF0734.jpg

The original radius arms built by Farmer Matt for "The Cat" to be used with an HP44 and retaining the C clamps...

They have poly bushings with the ends threaded for heims...

no HP44 sorry.

also, which d30 is in it?

what gears are in the axles?

what spline count is the tcase? what tcase is it?

Sorry... Was out of town... Hmmm... Let's see...

Pretty sure it's the oem D30 for an '88 4.0 w/aw4 IIRC it's HP and 3.55 geared

Back 8.8 is 4.10 with a trac-loc... (D30's from a 4 cyl are factory 4.10 geared IIRC for an easy match)

TC is a newer 231(J?) but the 23 spline input gear was swapped for a 21 spline when the HD SYE was installed.

I do have another 231 TC in the garage that's also included (no idea on spline count)

Just got home a bit ago from picking up this beast of a jeep. Thanks Gil glad I could help out. :cheers:

I was dreading that thought all day but we took 43 north up to 41 and then to my house with little traffic. Then back to Appleton to pick up my jeep and the drive back up 41 was, we will say, not bad. I have been through ALOT worse packer traffic. :D

Kim, you should have swung by for that hitch...gil is about 35 min from me

I was in a hurry to get back towards home as it was already a long day. We will figure out something. Maybe next weekend.

Lol. Ok. Kudos in buying that rig from gil. It will be a good beater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back