• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 stuff and disc brakes

CartsXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Finally tore down the old 8.25 and here is a list of parts that are up for sale.

-Bluetorch diff cover - $50 ($75 repainted any color you want)

-2 - 29 spline shafts with C-clips - $50 each

-29 spline factory trac-lock, was rebuilt two years ago - $50

-Factory 8.25 pinion 1310 size u-joints - $25

-ZJ disc brakes, backing plates already opened up for an 8.25. E-brake cable to work with a late model and calipers, explorer soft lines that I can imagine you could make work. Those if you grab ZJ softlines these bolt right up. Will fit any late model XJ, TJ, ZJ rear. Could use new rotors, pads and ebrake pads. - $150

Will consider offers on any of it

interested in the bluetorch fab cover. ever make it farther east?

interested in the bluetorch fab cover. ever make it farther east?

It would probably fit in a flat rate box. I use t make it out to Mass all the time, just not so much anymore. Would you like me to check on shipping rates?

It would probably fit in a flat rate box. I use t make it out to Mass all the time, just not so much anymore. Would you like me to check on shipping rates?
yes please. shipping would actually be to 03275 (cover is for my buddy, not me) i contacted him and he says he definitely wants it...

what kind of ebrake cables are they for the disc conversion? i just did the conversion and i'm not happy with how the ebrake lines ended up working with what i did... thanks

Last edited:
yes please. shipping would actually be to 03275 (cover is for my buddy, not me) i contacted him and he says he definitely wants it...

what kind of ebrake cables are they for the disc conversion? i just did the conversion and i'm not happy with how the ebrake lines ended up working with what i did... thanks

I'll get a quote for you on the shipping on Friday. I used explorer e-brake cables. I bought the complete rear disc brake kit for my 9 swap and it included these. But I already had them in use for my ZJ swap. They work for late model XJ's with the Ebrake splitter on the drivers side.

I used explorer e-brake cables. I bought the complete rear disc brake kit for my 9 swap and it included these. But I already had them in use for my ZJ swap. They work for late model XJ's with the Ebrake splitter on the drivers side.

Sorry to hijack, but do you have part numbers for the explorer e-brake cables? I did a disk swap in a late-model XJ and need to re-connect my e-brake. Thanks!

Sorry to hijack, but do you have part numbers for the explorer e-brake cables? I did a disk swap in a late-model XJ and need to re-connect my e-brake. Thanks!

Come awn guys you need better imaginations:doh: Just kidding, I wish I knew just how long I've spent time and researching parts on the ww.napaonline.com website, looking for stuff that fits and would work.

But the part numbers are
Driver side - short - 95427
Passenger side - long - 95064

And for some reason the longer is cheaper. My advice, get to know the guys at your local napa and they can swing you the rate discount.

Finally tore down the old 8.25 and here is a list of parts that are up for sale.

-Bluetorch diff cover - $50 ($75 repainted any color you want)

-2 - 29 spline shafts with C-clips - $50 each

-29 spline factory trac-lock, was rebuilt two years ago - $50

-Factory 8.25 pinion 1310 size u-joints - $25

-ZJ disc brakes, backing plates already opened up for an 8.25. E-brake cable to work with a late model and calipers, explorer soft lines that I can imagine you could make work. Those if you grab ZJ softlines these bolt right up. Will fit any late model XJ, TJ, ZJ rear. Could use new rotors, pads and ebrake pads. - $150

Will consider offers on any of it
Have you got any spider gears for a 29 spline 8.25 or know where to get any? My Bro lives down near you and I met a guy in Newcomb that's in the ADKJ club.

Your Inbox if full!!

I will pay $75 plus shipping for just the backing plates.
Thanks
Frank

Sorry looking to sell the whole pacakge, if it doesn't I'll definitely think about it.

Inbox has been cleared out.

Have you got any spider gears for a 29 spline 8.25 or know where to get any? My Bro lives down near you and I met a guy in Newcomb that's in the ADKJ club.

Unfortunately, I don't personally have any 29 spline side gears. There might be a 29 spline bent 8.25 at Northway Auto in Glens Falls, I know they have a few wrecked late model XJ's.

i have 2 sets in great shape...

Back