• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6th Annual Christmas Caravan for Kids

Open Hearts/Roads

NAXJA Forum User
6th Annual Christmas Caravan for Kids

This year the event will be held on Saturday, December 6, 2008 from 10am till 2 pm at Jefferson County Event Center.
Again this year, vendors and their rigs inside the area, karate demonstrations and much, much more.

So, bring your rock rods, your trailer queens, and your daily drivers along
with a new unwrapped toy for donation to one of the meeting points listed
below and caravan into Jefferson County Event Center to meet up with others from around the State for the Meet and Greet to follow.

Like last year,participants will get commemorative dash plaques and tickets for the FREE raffle following a FREE lunch!

Bring a toy and meet up at one of the below locations to join the caravan down to Jefferson County Event Center

North Metro
Westminster Mall
Southeast Corner
near Sheridan and 88th Ave.
(departs @ 10am)

East Metro
Beauty Supply Shop
SW Corner of I-225 and 6th Ave.
(departs @ 10am)

South Metro
Home Depot
parking lot on Arapahoe Road
east of I-25
(departs @ 10am)

Southwest Plaza Mall
South Side near Sears
(departs @ 10am)

Northern Colorado Locations generally form up in Greeley, Loveland, Longmont. So far a group is planning to leave the Cracker Barrel at Exit 257 off of I-25 at 8:30 am.

The Open Hearts,Open Roads website, http://www.openheartsopenroads.net/ has a pdf of this year's flyer. Please download, print and share as often as you'd like. Also, there's a poll for caravan location to give us an idea how many antenna pennants we need at each location.

We recognize that things are a lot tighter this year than they were last year and that's a double edged sword...It means less available to give and more need on the receiving in. We absolutely appreciate everything everyone has done in the past and want to thank you in advance for all of your efforts this year!!!

Plans are beginning to come together for something new at the event this year. We're working with an area promoter to have a number of bands present and playing in approximately half hour sets between 10 am and 3 pm. We're trying to include a variety of types of music for everyone's listening pleasure. Stay tuned for more details!!!

Also, if anyone is knowledgeable about limited range FM transmitters and transmissions, please shoot me a PM.

thanks!!
Paula

Don't forget--the State Association raffle jeep will be given away at 12:00 pm during the event. Check out this year's vehicle, a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, at http://www.hightrails.org/raffle.html

Is there anyone in the Longmont area :farmer: wanting to join the caravan to the Jefferson County Event Center?

:idea:If so, hopefully we can get the group from up north (Cracker Barrel :NAXJA: Crowd) to stop by the Hwy 119, exit 240, McD's extended parking lot on the southbound frontage road.

If us locals (locos'?):guitar: meet there at 8:30 and be ready to roll at 8:45am, that is when the Cracker Barrel :NAXJA: crowd should be in the vincinity. party1:
Exit 240, cross Hwy 119, no turns, :dunno: straight through the stoplight, to the large
parking lot south of McDonald's on the east frontage road.

If no one else is interested, I'll keep my :eyes: open and wait for the Cracker Barrel :NAXJA: Group to pass by on the freeway:wave: , then I'll join the caravan while they are still rolling.:yelclap:
This is coming up soon, Saturday after Thanksgiving weekend.

XJnCO

We're officially less than one week away and counting. Looks like the good weather is going to hold. Cory and Tom have done an amazing job with this year's "Meet and Greet". Here's the list of vendors who have donated to the event or prize drawing and will have a booth at the event.

Pro Jeep
Go Jeep
Stay the Trail
Tiny Bits of Silver
Mile-Hi Jeep Club
Colorado Association of 4Wheel Drive Clubs
T&T Customs
Amsoil
Four to Go
4Wheel Parts
Colorado Go-Cart Club
Adler Publishing
Crane Hi-Clearance
Our Gang Four Wheelers
Arbonne
Rockstomper
Ride Inovations
JPFreek.com
Rock Dog
Westminster Elks
F.E.A.T.
COR Truck & SUV Accessories
CORE Off Road Park

So please pick up a new, unwrapped toy and join us on Saturday. Full details posted above or downloadable flyer at http://www.openheartsopenroads.net/

If you haven't done your shopping yet. Consider something for an older "kid". The Marines tell us that they have difficulty filling requests for teens every year...hand held electronic games, nail or make-up kits, etc

Thanks in advance for your continued support. See you there!!!

Paula

Some last minute details for tomorrow's event:

NO SNOW!!!!

Little Ceaser's has donated Pizza for lunch!!!!

Entertainment Line up looks like this (all solo acts or duos):
1. Highway 101 (classic rock & blues)

2. Chris Barber (classic rock - mixed 50's, 60's & now)

3. Pairadeax (classic pop rock)

4. Julia Bryant (pop)

5. Matt Buckstein (former American Idol Top 40 contestant) (country)

SEE YOU THERE!!!

Back