• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4" XJ lift springs

mbryson

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have some 4" lift springs around? I can't use the 4" lift springs that are really 6" or 7" lift springs.

What's the cool spring nowadays? It used to be Big-OffRoad or something similar?

Hey Marc, what are you putting the springs under, your YJ?

Cool springs are Deavers 10-leaf progressive pack. (Cool also = $$)

It's been my experience that Rubicon Express springs run pretty true to advertised height after break-in. On my current rig, I'm running RE 3.5" lift springs (wanted a flatter spring that would ride/flex well) on a 2" tall anti-wrap perch with a 1" boomerang shackle. Math comes out to 6.5", net is 6" with FS spare and recover gear, etc.

Hey Marc, what are you putting the springs under, your YJ?

Cool springs are Deavers 10-leaf progressive pack. (Cool also = $$)

It's been my experience that Rubicon Express springs run pretty true to advertised height after break-in. On my current rig, I'm running RE 3.5" lift springs (wanted a flatter spring that would ride/flex well) on a 2" tall anti-wrap perch with a 1" boomerang shackle. Math comes out to 6.5", net is 6" with FS spare and recover gear, etc.

Sorry....(didn't get an email to say there was a response---I'll have to check that out).

I'm helping a friend build a similar "YJ" to mine. Just thought I'd start with something a little different, but I was planning on a spring under setup in the rear. I'm running a STOCK replacement Crown brand spring from Teraflex Plus in a spring over config on my "YJ" with the required traction bar. Seems like it works pretty well and I've got about three years on them now. They're JUST starting to take a set and will break in a few more trips.

PS: I do keep swerving at you on the freeway occasionally, but you don't seem to notice me at all. I could swerve more, but that would scare other traffic I'm sure.

Doubt you'd need a traction bar with the Deavers, so this route may save some fab time. Wonder who makes the Crown springs?

PS: I'd prolly notice you if you did something to differentiate yourself from the texting while driving masses. :)

Back