• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.6 fuel upgrade

Looking at the numbers, even with my plans of turbocharging, it doesn't look necessarily beneficial to change injectors in my 96.

We ran the XJ with the LT1 injectors for a couple weeks,they worked fine around town.

the first time we took it on a long distance trip is when it dropped a cyl,when i opened the ECU i found the transistor that fires that injector had let the smoke out. could be a problem with that particular injector but when i put in the new ECU i pulled them out and put the bosch yellow tops in, havent had an issue since.

My perception of these numbers is probably off. The Ford numbers look similar to the stock XJ number for my 96. What would be the best recommendation for a 96 Turbo XJ?

I wouldn't think any of the stock injectors would be able to handle a turbo unless your not planning to run any boost.

When I put the turbo on my Ford EXP I had to go from the bosch 19# to 36# to get it to not lean out under boost.

Back