• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2WD to 4WD conversion take-offs

Peteyg

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought a '97 2WD and am gonna put all the stuff from my '96 onto it.

I'll have a BUNCH of stuff off it for sale if anyone's interested.

Rear Axle (haven't seen it yet...if it's a 8.25, $100, if it's a D35, come take it for free)
2WD Transmission (auto) - $150
Front bumper - $25
Entire front stock suspension. - Come get it
Rear Springs - $50
2WD driveshaft - Come Get it
Stock Exhaust (including cats - Jeep passed smog last time through) - $75
OEM Jeep radio - $25

In addition, I'll have a bunch of stuff off the '96:

4.0 HO (165K-ish miles, runs well) - $250
The whole fricken body and interior (lots of rust, but fairly solid). - $200 takes it all. Body is pretty beat up, but the interior is complete, and is light tan. Country version of the Jeep. I don't feel like parting it out, so buy the whole thing, use what you need, then scrap the rest and make a couple more bucks.

The timing on this will be sometime over the next couple months. I pick the '97 up on Sunday, and over the next few weekends will start moving everything over as time allows. The full swap should be done by New Year's.

All parts will be located in Riverside.

PM me here or email me at pete.griffith at gmail dot com if interested.

Let me know when it gets closer, may be interested in some suspension/drivetrain parts.

I know you said you don't want to part out the body on the '96, but I would be interested in some of the interior pieces, in particular the center console, if you get to the point of parting it out. If it is a two door, I could use a few more interior pieces. No rush on my part.

David Bricker / SYR

Not a 2 door, but lots of usable stuff in there. Center console is in decent shape.

I'm probably going to start disassembling the '96 next weekend, so I'll let you know what I decide.

Seats are all in good shape, dash is in good shape, has the wood grain trim. Drives front door is trashed, passenger side is good.

I'm probably going to have a full cooling system available also, with a less than 2 year old radiator. Assuming the engine in the new rig is in good shape, the '96 motor will come complete with all accessories.

The more I think about it, I'll probably part out the interior, and sell everything separate. I'll make more money that way. I'll just scrap the shell.

All of the power windows and door locks work. AC works. Rear defroster works. Power mirrors work, but they are in rough shape. Steering wheel has an air bag in it. Cruise Control works.

The PCM is questionable. It may be the unit itself, or the harness. It has been having....issues. Haedliner is trashed. Has a rear sound bar in so-so condition. The material needs to be glued back down.

The front grill is in one piece, but is broken in various places.

Rear hatch is ok. The Jeep is dark blue/gold. I would NOT recommend recommissioning it. Sub-frame is tweaked from wheeling, has been welded on, and has rust issues. Gas tank has dents, but also has a 1 year old fuel pump. Exhaust is NOT included.

None of the good stuff is staying with the Jeep. It's all getting transferred over to the '97.

If you scrap the shell I'd be interested in the rear hatch.

You still have that stock CAT? No, not the one that sheds all over your couch. When I get off this damn ship, I have to rebuild my exhaust. Hi Pete! I got tired of reading the ZJ forums.

Back