• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 4 dr sport WTS or WTT for cummins

kmanxj5050

NAXJA Forum User
129,*** miles. Only 7,000 miles on rebuilt motor (bored .030 over, new pistons, new bearings throughout, crank ground .010, new mopar cam and lifters) Just replaced the crappy 0331 head this past winter with a Clearwater cylinder heads aftermartket replacement with all new valves and springs (wont crack like the stock ones) only about 3,000 miles on that. Has the stock air box and a K&N cone filter set up. Also has dual exhaust its 3” into a flowmaster super 44 muffler with dual out 2 ½” pipes with summit 12” long 3 ½” rolled tips. (sounds really good)
The interior is pretty stock besides the front seats are black leather out of a 98 grand cherokee. (I have the matching back seats but havent installed them because they arent a direct bolt in).
The exterior is not perfect but is in good shape. Both front fenders are dented from the tires hitting them while flexing. But they are trimmed and have no flares. The rear fenders are also trimmed up (cut and folded). It has bumpers that I built on the front and back. Nothing really fancy but do the trick. They are ¼” wall 2x2” square tubing. The front is extended past the stock bolts, the rear uses to of the stock bolts then has 2”x4” tubing running into the unibody rails using the bolts a hitch would tie into. There are 2” recievers in both bumpers. The rear has trailer lights as well. The roof of the jeep has a few spots were the paint is seperating and beginning to rust a little bit. I was just going to sand down to bare metal and bedline the roof black.
Has 33x12.5x15 TSL Super Swamper SSR radials on 15x8 Dick Cepek DC-1 rims.
It has right around 7.5” of lift here is a list of parts:
6.5” Rough country coils
2” Rugged ridge coil spacer
Rubicon express control arm drop brackets
Rustys Offroad lower control arms, stock uppers
Rustys shocks in the front
BRAND NEW Rough Country 4.5” leaf springs
Unknown brand greasable 2” lift shackles.
Rough Country shocks in the back
Some extra parts I have for it is a crossover heim joint steering setup. All 1 ¾” round tube .25” wall, with 5/8” heim joints. And I also have BRAND NEW 4:56 gears and master install kits for front and back. ($800)
THE BAD:
It needs ball joints about $70 (will being doing this within a week or two if not sold)
Needs a shock on the driver side rear. The one blew out and the threads in the floor pan are stripped out. It either needs the holes drilled all the way through the floor and a nut and bolt installed or purchase some Bar pin eliminators and weld them on. The shocks are only 35 bucks from rough country and BPE’s are like 30 from rugged ridge.
Like I said the front fenders are beat up. And the roof is starting to chip and rust.
Ideally I would love to trade for a 12valve cummins, possibly 24 (not very equal in price though). MUST BE 4X4. I also have a 93 Arctic Cat wildcat 700 snowmobile I could throw in for trade, or would be willing to sell outright for $1,000 O.B.O. If you want more info on the sled let me know.
Asking price for the jeep is $8,000 O.B.O
Call or text me at 231-679-5489.
Thanks for looking Kelsey
doorlessjeep.jpg

Why not keep it and get a Cummins to pull it with. Unless you tow a lot of stuff you don't need a cummins. If you do get one don't put a stack on it and ride around with the tow mirrors sticking out 8 feet. Good Luck with the sale, thats a clean XJ.

i cant afford both. Just want a cummins and i am going to buy a real cheap xj with my income tax money and do a cheap build that i dont have to drive everyday ;) and definitely no tow mirrors. Maybe stacks tho ;)

and thanks ive tried to keep it as clean as possible and still use it like a jeep :D

Back