• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1999 Honda Civic LX overheating

AJTorris

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so the wife has a 99 Honda Civic Lx. It has been getting a tad warm and one day it over heated. I flushed the system and it seemed fine. Then over heated again. Replaced the radiator because when i took the hose off i found a crack. Its been fine for about a week and a half but got pretty warm today. She put the heater on and said cool air came out no hot air. We replaced the thermostat last year. Oil has no water in it and coolent has no oil so thats a good sign. Im going to pull the spark plugs and look at them tonight to see how they are looking.

What else should i be looking at? Im gonna check the water pump also but it doesnt seem like that is an issue. water is pumping through the radiator and i can see it with the cap off of it.

My 98 Accord V-6 began overheating a few weeks ago, new radiator last year and t-stat. I could watch the temp gauge needle moving from normal range to above normal range (not into the red) in a pretty consistant pattern, so I figured that the t-stat was bad. Discovered that the radiator cap was broken so I replaced that, but it still heated up on me, so I swapped in a new, high quality t-stat. (NAPA)

Problem solved.

Back