• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1998 Jeep Cherokee $2500

Gcb17

NAXJA Forum User
I had this up for sale last year, but I changed my mind on selling it. I have only driven it 8K miles in the past year, so the logical thing to do is sell it. I've had it for 7 years and bought it at 63K miles. Oil has been changed every 3K -5K miles.

1998 Jeep Cherokee
172K miles
4.0/AW4/NP231
PW, PDL
Runs great; rides rough

Newer tires, PS pump, water pump, drive belt, thermostat

New exhaust manifold, downpipe, catalytic converter, muffler, and tailpipe--sometimes the new muffler rubs against the frame rail; the noise doesn't bother me enough to fix it
Replaced rear leaf springs (they still sag a little bit, though)

Clunking UCAs-- This used to be lifted and wheeled a good bit and I had the RE control arm drop brackets on it. As it turns out, I had to drill out the upper mount to accept a larger bolt, so the hole is now too large. A washer with the correct sized hole could be welded on to make the clunks stop, or if you're planning to put a lift on it, you can work your way around it.

The exterior has a dent on the driver's door and there are plenty of scratches on the paint and bumper endcaps. Not many go below the clearcoat. The passenger side rocker has a dent in it.

The interior isn't the cleanest, but it's not disgusting either. It's had wet dogs and plenty of camping trips in it, so it smells dirty. You could probably shampoo the carpet to get it clean again.

I've driven this thing all over the US and I wouldn't be worried about doing it again. It's pretty reliable, especially for 172K miles. It would just be a bumpy ride.

$2500 firm -located in Atlanta/Kennesaw

Grant- 404-441-1142

2006_0729Image0006.jpg

2005_1008Image0003.jpg

2005_1008Image0001.jpg

Jeepinside001.jpg

JeepJune07004.jpg

JeepJune07003.jpg

JeepJune07002.jpg

JeepJune07001.jpg

Jeepinside008.jpg

JeepJune07006.jpg