• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1996 Cherokee Daily Driver/Weekend Warrior

256offroad

NAXJA Forum User
This Jeep has been my daily driver for the past 4 years. The jeep start out completely stock. I have personally done all the modifications to the Jeep. The Jeep has 146,XXX miles. The AC blows cold air in the summertime without the risk of overheating sitting in traffic. In the winter, the heat works awesome and keeps you very warm. The jeep is lifted and drives very nice on the road. Will cruise 70mph with the cruise control easily. Very easy to drive and doesn’t have any vibrations or wobble. I wouldn’t hesitate to drive the jeep across the country and back. The body is in good shape, the clear coat is faded on the hood and roof as well as some scratches on the outside. The interior is very clean, the headliner is sagging as well as the driver seat is ripped from getting in and out of the jeep. All in all this jeep is very easy to drive. It would make someone a very nice daily driver/ weekend warrior. The ‘Country’ model includes power windows, locks, cruise control, and tilt wheel.

The mods to the jeep are:
-Alarm with remote start with 2 key fobs, one has screen, professionally installed by Speakerbox in Madison, AL
-Pioneer 8400BT Bluetooth radio
-12” Audiobahn Sub in a custom ported box made by Speakerbox in Madison, AL
-JCR Heavy duty rear bumper with frame tie in plates
-Olympic roof rack with High Lift Jack mounts welded to the side
- Window tint installed professionally by Xtreme Tint in Madison, AL
-33” Hankook Dynapro MTs on 16” Jeep Rubicon wheels. The tires are about 70%
-HID Bi-Xenon Lights (High and Low Beams) in IPF Light housings
-The fenders have been trimmed to fit the larger tires. Rear trim consisted of a cut and fold and was sealed and painted.
-Front bumper was trimmed and painted
-Husky liners throughout the whole jeep

Suspension:
-4” Rough Country coil springs in front and full leaf spring packs in rear
-Rough Country adjustable lower control arms
-Rubicon Express Super Flex adjustable upper control arms
-Rubicon Express HD front adjustable trac bar with frame mount and frame brace
-Rough Country adjustable sway bar disconnects (New)

Driveline:
-4.0L Inline 6 with new water pump, freeze plugs, exhaust manifold and 3 row radiator.
-62mm Bored throttle body with spacer
-Rustys cold air intake
-Cherry Bomb muffler with Magnaflow highflow catalytic convertor
-Aw4 4speed automatic transmission with aftermarket cooler
-np231 transfercase with Advanced Adapters HD slip yoke eliminator
-Brand new heavy duty driveshafts front and rear built by Huntsville Driveshaft

Rear Axle: 31 Spline 8.8 with Factory 4.10 gears and Limited Slip
-RuffStuff Anti-wrap spring perches and Shock Mounts, axles tubes welded to housing for enhanced strength
-East Coast Gear Supply Disc Brake Kit with Stainless Steel brake lines and Cherokee Ebrake Cables
-1.5” Rough Country wheel spacers

Front Axle: High Pinion Dana 30
-Nitro 4.10 Gears with Open Carrier
-Lower Control Arm Skid Plates
-Upper mounts replace with Currie Flex joints as well as the passenger side upper mount has been plated for added strength
- Moog greaseable ball joints
-297x Spicer Joints with full circle c-clips in stock shafts
-ZJ (V8) heavy duty tie rod
-plated front diff cover

Last edited:

Last edited:
Nice rig. Now I know I have seen you driving around from time to time.

Did I miss the price?

Ill put the word out locally. I have a friend that wants a DD'able XJ. This would be perfect.

Ahh yes

Price is $4950

Sale Pending

Sold!!

Back