• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1994 Rubicon Ready Wrangler for sale in Sac

Big Red

NAXJA Forum User
ttt Anyone, anyone??? I'm negotiable on the price. Just needs the 95' chevy s-10 blazer airbox, airbox tubing, evap canister, timing installed/adj to pass Cal smog. I had a custom exhaust done with a new hi-flow cat and Flowmaster muffler. This is thing is ready to do some wheeling. Might want bigger tires though, but it has 4.88 gears already so 35-37" tires can go on without any other mods.

BrettM said:
you should check and see what Nevada would require to register it, and if it's a lot less then advertise it in some Reno papers.

Good idea Brett. I had a few people from out of state that were very interested, but backed out at the end. 1 guy in Oklahoma and another in Texas. I'm very close to having it smogged, I just have to spend less time on my xj and more on my yj.
Troy

You are going to have a tough time selling this in CA without it being smogged. Actually, the seller in CA legally has to have it smogged prior to sale.

I have a friend looking for a wrangler for her daughter. If you are interested in a fire-sale price on the project let me know and I will look at it and determine if it can even make it past the smog ref for the engine swap.

SeanP

SeanP said:
You are going to have a tough time selling this in CA without it being smogged. Actually, the seller in CA legally has to have it smogged prior to sale.

I have a friend looking for a wrangler for her daughter. If you are interested in a fire-sale price on the project let me know and I will look at it and determine if it can even make it past the smog ref for the engine swap.

SeanP

Yeah, I know, I've listed it on ebay and jeep-classifieds.com and on autotrader.com to try to sell it out of state, hopefully in Nevada. I just need to install the airbox related items, and a evap canister, and get the timing tuned and it should pass smog according to the smog referee I've been going to. What's a "fire-sale price", salvage? I know this wrangler will make a good wheeler, but could use some bigger tires like 35-37's with the amt of lift and gears it has. I'm firmly behind my xj for wheeling especially after the Rubicon trip, so this 1 has to go. Let me know if you want to come see it, I'm in Citrus Heights by the Sunrise Mall.
Troy

IIRC the timing should be controlled by the computer. Who did the wiring work on the engine swap? How long have you had it and been driving it? What;'s the 4.3 out of?

My friend Adam Tobias has an LT1 in his YJ and I know all the headaches he went through to get it done. Just that airtube might cause problems if it isn't stock and doesn't have a CARB sticker for the vehicle that the engine came from.

The jeep is really tall. I would take the BL out of it and the lift shackles and just go with the SOA for the 33s/35s.

Fire sale=? depends on the headaches or work/$$ to get it legal in CA. My friend really wants an auto so thats a good selling point. But a 17 year old shouldn't drive a 12" lifted jeep :eek:

steinjeep said:
Yeah, I know, I've listed it on ebay and jeep-classifieds.com and on autotrader.com to try to sell it out of state, hopefully in Nevada. I just need to install the airbox related items, and a evap canister, and get the timing tuned and it should pass smog according to the smog referee I've been going to. What's a "fire-sale price", salvage? I know this wrangler will make a good wheeler, but could use some bigger tires like 35-37's with the amt of lift and gears it has. I'm firmly behind my xj for wheeling especially after the Rubicon trip, so this 1 has to go. Let me know if you want to come see it, I'm in Citrus Heights by the Sunrise Mall.
Troy

Thanks for the info. Yeah, it's been sitting for awhile. Since I've been out here in Cali and then some in IL. I let it run and drive it around the block every couple of weeks, but the registration is still in IL and expired last year in March, so I take my chances driving it to the smog referee etc to get it smogged. I usually have my wife follow me in another car and stay right behind me so a smokey cannot get right behind me. I think the previous owner of this jeep said that a 1" lift was required for clearance issues. This Jeep is set up nice, but could use a little tweaking to get it to pass smog. I have more pics if anyone wants some. The motor is from a 95' s-10 blazer chevy vortec v-6 with CPI injection and the tranny is also from the same blazer and was rebuilt before being put in this jeep and is the nice 4L60E with 3.06 1st gear and 30% gear reduction in over drive.
Troy

Back