• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1992 Jeep Comanche

johnnyc

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Decided to sell the old truck. I love it, but it's time to get something newer.

1992 Jeep Comanche Pioneer - shortbed
4.0, AW4, 231 with SYE
Dana 30 with newer unit bearings, TREs, ball joints, ZJ steering, 3.55 gears, alloy shafts
Dana 44 with limited slip and Explorer disc brakes, 3.55 gears, alloy shafts
About a 2-3" lift which consists of old RE 3.5 coils and Teraflex shackles
MJ Metric Ton leaf springs
245/75/16 BFG KM2 tires on TJ Rubicon wheels (tons of tread left)
97+ doors (manual), fenders, and header panel
JCR rear bumper
Custom "Hellbilly" rock rails
Mastercraft Baja RS driver seat (has a hole, but still comfortable as heck)
New radiator, battery, starter, alternator, distributor (all about 2 months old)

The bad? It has a oil leak (what Jeep doesn't?). May be the rear main seal. It has a tick (again, what Jeep doesn't?) But it still runs strong. I don't hesitate to drive it anywhere. And it has a cracked dash. And the aforementioned hole in the seat. And the bed and tailgate could use some bodywork.

Other features include a mint headliner, KOR steering box brace, matching spare Rubicon wheel with a nondescript tire, a 97+ center console, Alpine headunit, MORE motor mounts, electric fan override switch, and a custom white primer "paint job".

$4000 or make offer

20140426_134514-1_zps9c429624.jpg

Last edited:
There has been interest in the truck, but no sale has been made yet. I'm adding some photos, as some have requested.

Also, more info -

The good -

The front tires have 16/32" tread left and the rears have 14/32".

Along with the rear Explorer disc brakes, the truck also has a WJ brake booster and master cylinder, along with a 4-disc ZJ prop valve.

Borla header, Magnaflow catalytic converter, and Magnaflow muffler.

Autopal headlights with H4 bulbs.

Redline Tuning hood struts.

The bad -

Ever since I've had the truck, the coolant has been brown. I did an immediate flush when I bought it in Vegas, and have done about four more flushes since then. It's still brown. However, the truck has never overheated. The temp gauge is always just under the midpoint mark, unless stuck in rush hour traffic on a hot summer day. Then I just flip the aux fan switch and all is well.

The air conditioning doesn't work. Just may need a recharge. I just never got around to it since I'm used to driving around with no A/C. I have two cans of synthetic R-12 and a new receiver/dryer, which I'll throw in.

20150220_154922_zpss7vfki8i.jpg

20150220_154946_zps3zfnlrim.jpg

20150220_155024_zps7kokbwbr.jpg

20150220_154955_zpszvlhbwiq.jpg

20150220_155033_zps95amxe13.jpg

:cry:

If you want to part it, I'd be willing to take that rear bumper off your hands.

Sorry, I was busy yesterday and didn't see the new posts.

The sale of the truck is pending. Just have to sign it over and take the cash. But if something happens, I'll let y'all know.

Thanks.

Back