• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1981 Jeep CJ7

bigsky

NAXJA Forum User
I am selling my 81 CJ7 because I am looking for a small pickup or 4 door SUV. It is a good jeep, I have driven it all over the desert and used it to tow my boat to Big Bear lake a few times. I really love this Jeep and hate to get rid of it but it just isn't right for taking the kids camping with all our stuff.

Details:

1981 Jeep CJ7 with 4.2L (258) inline 6 cylinder engine

TF999 transmission

Dana 300 transfer case

AMC 20 rear differential

Dana 30 Front differential

31x10.50 R15 tires on aluminum American Racing wheels

This Jeep is in good condition, however I don't think it will pass smog. It has lived in Montana for about 10 years and so some of the smog equipment is missing. If you know much about passing the smog test out here it shouldn't be much of a problem. There is no rust on the tub and the body overall is in good condition except for the rear by the tailgate. There are some cracks around the back of the tub where the spare tire rack was wounted so I just took it off. This Jeep comes with a hard top and hard doors and a bikini top as well.

Like I said I am only getting rid of this because I need something that I can take the whole family camping and fishing in. I am open to offers and trades for an XJ or maybe something else, and cash would be good too. here is a pic

DSC01617.jpg

well the fact that it wont pass smog, and you didnt post a price is probably why there hasnt been much interest. now if the price is cheap enough to overcome the smog issue, then you may get better responses.

well the fact that it wont pass smog, and you didnt post a price is probably why there hasnt been much interest. now if the price is cheap enough to overcome the smog issue, then you may get better responses.

:doh:

Yeah thats a good point. I kind of figured the smog issue was going to come out and bite me in the butt. I guess I can entertain whatever offers I get.

Back