• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Belt tensioner info

bhansen99xj

NAXJA Forum User
After searching around I noticed a lot of questions around the serp belt tensioner bolt. I did find one outside a dealer. I saw a lot of advice on thread size, but nothing much on the exact part to get at an inexpensive price. Here you go (search related to a 99 4.0L):

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getLocator&siteid=213764&chapter=DR3WB97&appSectionid=2308&groupid=51824&subgroupid=2341&componentid=2355&make=17&model=Cherokee&year=1999&graphicID=WB97060&callout=10&catalogid=2

I think the bolt and #11 would be handy to have around, that adjuster does not get touched much and they tend to seize even if they were anti-seized. Though I have noticed an improvement since I switched from aluminum based anti-seize to the copper based stuff, seems to have much less of a reaction with steel nuts and bolts.

Really Rich?
I always thought that steel and copper reacted poorly when in contact for extended time. Isn't that why you need a di-electric union or brass fitting to transition from steel to copper pipe in the house?

I dunno, so far since I switched about a year + ago I have had less problems, it's also higher temp rated stuff. I'll see this week If I get time, when I pull the unit hubs from the 97TJ to do the ball joints. They were last out 2 1/2 years ago when I did the axle universals. Used a 3m pad in an air grinder to clean all the parts up to nice and shiny then put the copper on and put it back together. The mechanic whose shop I take care of the computers in swears by it and won't use the aluminium at all. As I pull stuff off I use the copper but I have not pulled any thing off that I've used it on.

After searching around I noticed a lot of questions around the serp belt tensioner bolt. I did find one outside a dealer. I saw a lot of advice on thread size, but nothing much on the exact part to get at an inexpensive price. Here you go (search related to a 99 4.0L):

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getLocator&siteid=213764&chapter=DR3WB97&appSectionid=2308&groupid=51824&subgroupid=2341&componentid=2355&make=17&model=Cherokee&year=1999&graphicID=WB97060&callout=10&catalogid=2

Thanks. Link still works. Needed to look this up.

Back