• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DO NOT buy rustys offroad

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxx-j08

NAXJA Forum User
OMG i purchesed the rustys-offroad 6.5" kit and they sent me the wrong leaf springs

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...&MyToken=98335b59-52d9-40c6-a054-afcbbda9552f

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...&MyToken=98335b59-52d9-40c6-a054-afcbbda9552f

here are the pics ive sent to rustys offroad there reaction to me
was to tell me to go jump it a coupple of tiimes and after wards i
reserched the part# on the springs its for a CJ5!!!!!!!!! called
them back and explained the delema again and they said well
since they are already installed we cant do anything but we
will be more than happy to sell you a new set of springs and
not refund you:gonnablow

P.S. i would like to thank they guys at rubicon express for there
expertiese help and the amazing discount they gave me for my
new springs you guys are awsome
191.JPG
191.JPG

OMG i purchesed the rustys-offroad 6.5" kit and they sent me the wrong leaf springs

here are the pics ive sent to rustys offroad there reaction to me
was to tell me to go jump it a coupple of tiimes and after wards i
reserched the part# on the springs its for a CJ5!!!!!!!!! called
them back and explained the delema again and they said well
since they are already installed we cant do anything but we
will be more than happy to sell you a new set of springs and
not refund you:gonnablow

P.S. i would like to thank they guys at rubicon express for there
expertiese help and the amazing discount they gave me for my
new springs you guys are awsome
191.JPG
191.JPG

Sorry man... lots of us have learned the Rusty's lesson! Too bad people keep joining our ranks. :flamemad:

the only rusty's part i have on my rig is the steering box brace and it of course did not line up properly. Luckily i bought it used and half off, i'll never buy anything new from them. especially after hearing this.

After all I've heard, I would never buy Rusty's.

i have to agree. There are alot of people on this forum,and alot of companys have Mixed reviews, but rustys, they have to be the worst brand out there. i hear NOTHING but bad reviews from almost anyone that buys from them. i am GLAD i have not had to deal with them, and i wont in the future. they're products have a 90% defect rate and the customer service is Terrible. If you do the research, they're prices Really arnt all that great!

BUYER BEWARE.. Do your research on everything you buy!

Thanks for the info,I will never buy any thing from them!

90 percent defect rate, huh. pretty easy to make assumption seeing as you have never had to deal with them. aren't cj 5 leaf springs 1.75 inches wide. thats a 3/4 inch difference in width. your own damn fault. boo hoo. you should have bought them from RE in the first place.

I'am sorry about your problem...

I've bought from Rustys in the past with no problems. Maybe call and ask for Rusty himself.

I will buy from Rusty again, product and service was fine!!!

Nick

I've got a rusty's lift under a heep, it holds up fine, however I have read more negative than positive about them. Maybe someone representing them will read this and step up. Sorry about your problem, that sucks. I will not use them unless I start seeing some support from them on this site. SO, Rusty's personnel, step up, I will gladly toss my hard earned money your way, IF, I see some results, and positive feedback. :D

I have purchased just about everything Rustys offers for my Jeep. I am not associated with them at all. I have bashed my stuff all over the place for 2 1/2 years and haven't had a single problem. Not one. Maybe I'm completely lucky or just overdue. Although I cannot compare to any other company (because I haven't owned anything else) I do not see anything wrong with their stuff. Yet...

I will tell you that their customer service SUCKS! I actually argued with Rusty one day on the phone and he called me a liar. I didn't even know how to reply. I don't really cuss people out but he was in need of it. So do not count on being treated the way you would with larger companies.

As for his "poor product" reputation, I'm wondering if alot of people just jump on that bandwagon. I read alot of legitimate threads about Rusty's stuff breaking followed up by people emphatically agreeing (that may not have personal experience). This is not meant to minimize anyone with REAL issues against their products.

I have purchased just about everything Rustys offers for my Jeep. I am not associated with them at all. I have bashed my stuff all over the place for 2 1/2 years and haven't had a single problem. Not one. Maybe I'm completely lucky or just overdue. Although I cannot compare to any other company (because I haven't owned anything else) I do not see anything wrong with their stuff. Yet...

I will tell you that their customer service SUCKS! I actually argued with Rusty one day on the phone and he called me a liar. I didn't even know how to reply. I don't really cuss people out but he was in need of it. So do not count on being treated the way you would with larger companies.

As for his "poor product" reputation, I'm wondering if alot of people just jump on that bandwagon. I read alot of legitimate threads about Rusty's stuff breaking followed up by people emphatically agreeing (that may not have personal experience). This is not meant to minimize anyone with REAL issues against their products.

do your homework. search general information.
bolt_1.gif

!!!1:dunno:

do your homework. search general information.
bolt_1.gif

!!!1:dunno:

Well I guess what I was saying is that I beat the hell out of their stuff. But since you put some diagrams up, I guess I'm completely wrong. None of their gear works. I haven't been climbing up steep ledges. I don't flex like a freak and I never ride over rutted roads at 50+ mph. I don't need to search or do any homework. I have REAL life personal experience. I was just putting my 2 cents in. Now you made me go and defend myself.

i run their stuff too built2flex, you do notice that i didn't quote you right. that means it was a general statement. that image is to educate peeps on what the difference is between the two trackbars they offer. that has been an on going complaint on naxja. i run the rustys hd tracbar and diff skids and the coils and shocks. ive been to the facility and meet the people there. i like what they have to offer.

Its pretty easy to do, and routine for me when I get parts to check the part numbers/Compare measurements and see if they match. You should have realized, at some point in time before the install, that "Hey, these are a little too narrow." At which point if you would have called and gave them the part numbers, and told them what your problem was, you would have sent them back and gotten the correct ones. No one will take back installed springs.

I Have never had a problem with Rusty's. I had a Rusty's lift on my Cherokee, and I have a Rusty's track bar on my Comanche.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back