• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LS2 XJ

Team Willys

www.rocksolidfab.com
So, here it is, the moment you have all been waiting for. Rock Solid Off Road Fabrication proudly presents , the most hardcore daily driven Cherokee in the United States... Seriously.

So, here begins the build thread. Actually, we have already started on the Jeep. It got front and rear RSOR bumpers, and also a Hybrid cage that turned out fabulous. The next step is the engine swap. Yep you guessed it, a 2006 LS2 GTO (same as corvette) engine and 4L60E transmission with only 19,000 miles. It is practically brand new. After it is Dyno tuned, it should make somewhere in the neighborhood of 450 HP. Due to our time limitations, we will be using as many off the shelf parts as possible. This will speed up the swap substantially. After the engine swap is complete, the suspension and axles will also be getting a makeover. The rear axle will be a super 8.8, and the front will be a HP Dana 44 with an ARB, RCV Axles, Reid Racing knuckles, and high steer, all in Waggy width form, as full width isn't where its at, at least not on this one. The suspension will be either a T&T setup on the front, or a Rock Krawler 3 link, and the rear will be a 4 link setup of some type. Either off the shelf (from T&T or RK) or RSOR flavor. And all of the weight will be supported by ORI struts. The tires are 37x12.50x17 Goodyear MTRs, and they will be mounted on RSOR custom bead lock wheels.

I don't have any good pictures of the cage, but most of you saw the front bumper (this is the charcoal colored Jeep). Most of the work was done in the evenings so it was simply too dark at the time. However, you will get some pictures as the build moves forward.

I went to the shipping terminal today and picked up the engine. Here are a few teaser shots:

0514101706a.jpg

0514101706b.jpg

0514101431c.jpg

:cheers:

Last edited:
That aint gonna work!!

Kidding...bad a$$!

Whoo baby! Call me when you need help on The Betty.

Damn.... that is a pretty motor.

Ah yes... the 6L80. Im not sure how well the Cherokee shifter would work with that though lol. But the 6.02:1 1st gear sure would be damn nice!

Last edited:
Oh my....:shocked:

Subscribed! :greensmok

...anything you can do, i can do better!

win.

that is all

What would be a good way to have this in Advanced fab and in the southeast chapter short of double posting everything?

What would be a good way to have this in Advanced fab and in the southeast chapter short of double posting everything?

I was thinking of this too. You will not get the visibility here that this deserves. Maybe start a new one, probably street/performance rather than advanced fab. But, either place will be better than here.

The Dana 44 and Super 8.8 would be at their limits with 37" tires and a regular old 4.0. Are you sure they're going to be able to handle those tires AND the LS2?

The Dana 44 and Super 8.8 would be at their limits with 37" tires and a regular old 4.0. Are you sure they're going to be able to handle those tires AND the LS2?

Nope. Snap crackle pop! I recently heard a 4.3 break a spolled D44 front that had no front DS and 37's!

The 44 will be just fine. Cryo ring and pinion, install RCV shafts.

The Super 8.8 just needs a good carrier, ( ARB, 4 pin Detriot, Spool) weld the housing to the tubes, scratch that. With a 4 link in the back the truss will stop any housing rotation.

There are plenty of 1000 HP drag Mustangs with a beefed 8.8.

The 44 will be just fine. Cryo ring and pinion, install RCV shafts.

The Super 8.8 just needs a good carrier, ( ARB, 4 pin Detriot, Spool) weld the housing to the tubes, scratch that. With a 4 link in the back the truss will stop any housing rotation.

There are plenty of 1000 HP drag Mustangs with a beefed 8.8.

Yes but are they running a 37" tire that has a good bit of weight to it? I would doubt they would be running the deep gears either. Most of the high HP drag cars I see around here run the 9" or even the D60 in the mopars.

Back