• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trouble viewing lots o post thread...

kastein

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
... I think NAC has finally run up against the limit, when I try to view the latest post in the lots o post thread, I get this error message:

httpd said:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 28211 bytes) in /home/naxjaor1/public_html/forum/showthread.php on line 1275

RIP lots-o-post thread :dunno:

EDIT: nevermind. It only does that when I try to view it in hybrid or threaded mode. Linear mode still works fine.

Might also be conditional on what other threads are being viewed. Seems to work fine for me at the moment.

One of the server enhancements being considered is more RAM.

Could be. I tried it 3-5 times from various pages (main page, user control panel, etc) and it reliably gave me the same result while any other page loaded fine. I suspect it's because threaded or hybrid mode requires more complex operations while figuring out which posts are replies to which other posts, but my databases/CS theory of computing is REALLY rusty so I might be completely wrong here.

Also, what kind of RAM does the server take? If it's something I have on hand, I'll mail some wherever it needs to go.

Technically speaking, it's not our hardware, it's leased/rented from the ISP.

ahh, I figured it was a colocated box not a rented one.

Considering the service I got from the ISP after the drive crash a couple of years ago, I got no complaints at all about running on a rented host.

Back