• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Well the begining of the end.(you will see what i mean)

Kiefer316

NAXJA Forum User
Alright. I just went out and bought a ford 9 inch. it has 3.50 gears. Its was pretty much complete minus some brake parts. which is all good. But now comes the bad part. He didn't know if it was a 31 or a 28 spline. Me and my friend just got done tearing it down and i found out it is a 28 spline. Would the 28 spline be okay for running 35's? or would i want to upgrade later down the road?

I may be wrong...... but if you get a locker for it, I believe you can change the spline count at that time - just order one with 31 splines. You'd just have to get matching 31 spline axle shafts. :dunno:

I may be wrong...... but if you get a locker for it, I believe you can change the spline count at that time - just order one with 31 splines. You'd just have to get matching 31 spline axle shafts. :dunno:

Hope fully. Ill end up gettin some alloys or some stronger type shafts when i get a locker. Im gonna start lookin for upgrades before i put it in.

On a side note I got the perches ground off. I kinda dug into the housing a little But i don't think its nothin to worry about.

Hopefully ill have it all ground down here in the next week or so. then i can start painting.

Just looked up some lockers gears and master install kits. Looks like im lookin at Under a grand for those. Then I Might just go look for some 31 spline shafts.

Im either thinkin of goin with a powertrax no slip or the detroit. Leanin more towards the detroit.
Probably gonna go with a set of 4.56's.

Anyways heres a pic of this thing.
61d0247de563__1249135746000.jpeg

Last edited:
Uh...... doncha wanna weld on new perches before you paint it?

:looney:

Well duh. Wanna help? :D. in its state right now, it wouldn't be to difficult to carry somewhere and have em weld em on.

What year and model donated this?

I hear that runnin a Detroit in the rear and an ARB in the front is the best locker setup you could have.

Well since i cannot find another 9 inch ill just have to use this one. All the other ones i found wouldn't be worth the drive to get em. I think ill just spend some green and get this one under my rig.

Thats really a matter of opinion and completely bias. There is no "best", only what is the most logical option for that individual wheeler, based on what they do with their rig.

X2 could not have said it better....:thumbup:

Back