• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moab Fall Fling Trail Schedule

Danno

NAXJA Forum User
Updated Fall Fling Trail Schedule (If you want to lead a trail, pm XJEEPER with the trail and date, asap)

Moab FF Trail Signup Procedure

Minimum Safety Requirements:

Front and rear tow hooks, shackles or receivers (no welded tow hooks)

Safety Belts for driver and all passengers

Adequate Spare Tire, Jack and Lug Wrench

Tow rope, strap or winch (no metal hooks allowed)

Visibly Charged Fire Extinguisher (BC or ABC)

First aid kit

Secured battery (no bungee cords)

On the days of the organized runs we will collect $5 per vehicle that goes to the BLM as per regulations.(if you're a Trail Leader, NAXJA will cover your fee that day)

Cookout 6:30pm Wed. at Slickrock Campground

Dinner/raffle/ multimedia presentation, awards, etc. 6:30pm at the Senior Citizens Center on the hill (same place as last year)

We will add or subtract as necessary to this list depending on demand.
Also, there will be some of us that get there earlier in the week and will be doing some trails unofficially. Starting on Sunday from SlickRock Campground we will do Pritchett Canyon, Metal Masher, BTR, Hell's Revenge, etc. as there is interest.

On the days of the organized runs we will collect $5 per vehicle that goes to the BLM as per regulations.(if you're a Trail Leader, NAXJA will cover your fee that day)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Trail Schedule....mostly!

Any chance of replacing one of the Hard trails with the Rusty Nail trail?

I've never been on it, but it looks like a great, seldom used trail.

Connects to the Golden Spike doesn't it?

Rusty Nail is verboten by the BLM to organized groups. HOWEVER, maybe we can run it unorganized before the event starts,like we did last year. It was a fun trail and we had one rollover.

Danno said:
Rusty Nail is verboten by the BLM to organized groups. HOWEVER, maybe we can run it unorganized before the event starts,like we did last year. It was a fun trail and we had one rollover.
Well, have fun. I won't be there till Monday night, so early is out for me.

Maybe some of us could break away one of the week days and run it and BA. Anyone ask George Foreman for permission? I know where it is.

I have never been to this event...new XJ this year. Do we need to sign up for trails by day like on the Safari or is it more infromal?

I'll be there 7th thru 10th and have some (I think) booth duty for our chapter one of the days.

I'll go wherever I'll fit however I do want to do some stuff that will challenge teh heep more mechanically with the new axle stuff. :D

we put the sign-up sheet out in the morning and the evening and other times when you catch us. Maybe on the side of my cabin? :sunshine: and it's first come first serve. There should be enough for everybody. See ya there! Danno

hologram said:
What all do I need to pass the safty inspection for the MOAB fall fling?
Seth
details are on the bottom of the registration page :) Of the top of my head you need tow points front and rear, secured battery, extinguisher, first aid kit and a few other things I can't recall.

Danno said:
Cookout 6:30pm Wed. at Slickrock Campground

Dinner/raffle/ multimedia presentation, awards, etc. 6:30pm at the Senior Citizens Center on the hill (same place as last year)

To clarify:

There is a cookout on Wednesday then on Friday is the dinner and raffle. Correct?

Thanks

Fergie

Friday night is the catered meal (BBQ) I think and raffle and then Wednesday is a hot dog feed. Several people are bringing BBQs and we are doing it at the Campground.

FarmerMatt said:
Hey Danno,
Think you could post what the rig requirements are for the different dificulty trails? I've gotten a few questions about "Hard" trails vs. "moderate" trails & how their rig needs to be setup to run them.

Matt
I don't know that you have the driving skills matt, better leave the driving to jenny :D

you showing up?

does that mean that if i show up in the mornin on sunday at the campground to do some wheelin there are people goin out?

jmaxj said:
does that mean that if i show up in the mornin on sunday at the campground to do some wheelin there are people goin out?
Which Sunday? this coming one? If so I know that there are going to be a few of us hitting some trails.

Kejtar said:
Which Sunday? this coming one? If so I know that there are going to be a few of us hitting some trails.

yeah this coming sunday, and i have already seen a few people runnin around but thier goin in the oposite direction than i am and the local cops don't like me making u-turns on main street

jmaxj said:
yeah this coming sunday, and i have already seen a few people runnin around but thier goin in the oposite direction than i am and the local cops don't like me making u-turns on main street
Swing by SlickRock at about 8:30ish and look me up. I'll be in a cabin with 2 red jeeps with california plates. One will have a vanity plate although I can't remember what it says (not mine).

Kejtar said:
Swing by SlickRock at about 8:30ish and look me up. I'll be in a cabin with 2 red jeeps with california plates. One will have a vanity plate although I can't remember what it says (not mine).

k i will be there

Back