• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to set custom avatar and attach photos to posts

lordoeuf

NAXJA Forum User
I looked through the FAQ, member questions, and the user control panel, but I cannot figure out how to set a custom avatar. I only see a means to select pre-defined avatars. How do I set my avatar so that it is consistent with my avatar on other forums? Is a particular post count required to set a custom avatar?

I am also having trouble figuring out how to add photos to tech discussion posts without using a photo hosting service. Is a particular post count required to add photos directly to NAXJA? I don't use photo hosting services because photos tend to disappear from forums in the years passing, like if the user cancels the photo hosting account, the hosting account decides they aren't free any more, the hosting website changes, the hosting website goes out of business, etc. Nothing worse than seeing a forum post from the past with missing photos. I do see the ability to add photos to this particular post, but not in the tech discussion.

Last issue I'm having trouble with is determining how to edit my posts, e.g. if I had a typo or wrote something too ambiguous.

Much appreciated!

All of those options are available to NAXJA members.

mac ‘thanks’ gyvr

Back