• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Issue with auto-login?

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
When I check the "remember me" box after I enter my login information, it doesn't do it. If I leave from NAXJA and come back to it, I have to log in all over again. Is this an issue with my browser or the update going on right now, does anyone know? Thanks for any info.
-Collin

Your browser, most likely. Clear all of your NAXJA cookies, and log in again.

If you clear all of your browser cookies, you'll most likely wipe out all of your auto-logins everywhere.

I tried doing a disk cleanup and I logged into NAXJA and clicked "log out" which cleared all the cookies. Is there another way I should try because it's still doing the same thing. I'm using Internet Explorer 7.0. Thanks again for the help.

Ya got me. Are you always going to http://www.naxja.org? Actually, as long as you're going to the same site, it shouldn't matter.

Ya got me. Are you always going to http://www.naxja.org? Actually, as long as you're going to the same site, it shouldn't matter.
I'm rather confused too...I just started having problems Sunday night. I have www.naxja.org set as one of my links and I click that everytime. It has always kept me logged in fine 'til last night. Not a huge deal, just wondered if anyone else was having the same problem.

Something like Tools/Options/Privacy/Website[edit] should get into the cookie area in IE. At least, it does in IE6 I have here at work.

When the site was upgraded it hosed the login cookies, you had to relogin after that. You're not just talking about a one time problem, are you?
Let me describe my problem a bit more accurately. When I first open IE and it defaults to www.naxja.org ,it makes me login. In the past, it had always logged me in automatically because I have the "remember me" box checked. Now everytime I open IE, it makes me login again. If I keep IE open, leave NAXJA, and come back to NAXJA, it keeps me logged in. However, anytime I close IE and then reopen and return to NAXJA, it makes me sign in manually. It sounds like it is a problem on my end but it just showed up at a coincidental time in relation to the update.

Try this... after clearing your cookies, visit the forums & login, rather than on the home page. See if that makes a difference.

Try what Glenn has suggested (http://www.naxja.org/forum) first.

It sounds like something has gone wonky with your IE cookie store.

Yeah, there has been a past issue with logging in at naxja.org VS naxja.org/forum , but not sure if the recent upgrade dealt with that at all.

Well after Glenn's suggestion, I got it figured out. It was indeed the fact that I was just using www.naxja.org rather than using www.naxja.org/forum. There must have some difference with the update...what that is I don't know. Thanks a lot fellas, you guys are geniuses.

I finally got logged in. I logged out, closed IE7. Started IE7, went to www.naxja.org/forums and logged in. I then closed IE7 and went to www.naxja.org, and it worked fine.

If I try to go to naxja.org it does NOT work, it wants me to log in again.

I finally got logged in. I logged out, closed IE7. Started IE7, went to www.naxja.org/forums and logged in. I then closed IE7 and went to www.naxja.org, and it worked fine.

If I try to go to naxja.org it does NOT work, it wants me to log in again.
Good, atleast I wasn't the only one having the problem then. As long as I now know to just stay away from the homepage though, I'm fine with it.

Funny as I have the same problem but am always log in directly into the forum and never through the home page? Also it was fine with IE but the problem has only been since I changed to Firefox but this site only?

Back