• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dash Covers

XJFREK

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone out there have one of those carpet like covers that goes on your dash? I have a huge crack in my vinyl running all the way from the edge nearest the driver to the base of the windshield. I am tired of looking at it, but reluctant to take my whole dash apart just to replace the cover, if that's even possible. The stealership says the dash only is available as a unit including all the vents and accessories for an obscene amount of $$$. Just wondered if anyone has one or pics of one in a XJ, and are you satisfied with it? I had hoped coverlay made one of their shells for the Cherokee, but they only list the CJ5 & CJ7 on their site. Any info or alternate repair ideas would be appreciated.

I've run a dash cover for a few years and like it. As I recall, it was purchased through Checker Auto and is a Dashmat brand..........$28.00 comes to mind. It is 2 piece unit, one main piece and one for the glove box. I used more sticky back velcro tabs than the kit includes to ensure that it lays flat.

I've got the velour dash mat which is a higher grade material than standard dashmat's, much better IMO. Gives a nice clean look to the Jeep.

Thanks for the info guys, I was wondering how they did the glove box. Sounds like a better plan than trying to repair mine. For as many different types are made, I've never actually seen one in person. Go figure. Thanks again.

AC.

Back