• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What happened to the Mishimoto radiator thread?

got my shipping notification today

I have had this radiator installed in my 99XJ for over a month now and did a review of my findings. For those on the fence or looking for more information check them out. So far it has been AWESOME. Best upgrade to my cooling system so far. Hopefully you have the same results I did. My Jeep specs are in the video description.

Cliff Notes version of video 60secs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjH2FEIHU0M

Long review version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtbCJyCX17g

I have had this radiator installed in my 99XJ for over a month now and did a review of my findings. For those on the fence or looking for more information check them out. So far it has been AWESOME. Best upgrade to my cooling system so far. Hopefully you have the same results I did. My Jeep specs are in the video description.

Cliff Notes version of video 60secs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjH2FEIHU0M

Long review version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtbCJyCX17g

Just watched your in-depth review. Good to hear it worked out. I will keep this bookmarked for future references when I need to replace mine.

I ll be installing mine after the holidays. i splurged and got the silicone hoses too.

Check back next summer, when it's hot out.

Check back next summer, when it's hot out.

I installed the radiator at the tail end of summer and ran it in the upper 90s in Phoenix. I do agree next summer will be the real test when it is 110 out. I was quite happy with how it performed when 98-100 though. Much better than what I previously ran.

I am presently rebuilding my 90 XJ, and looking to put an aluminum radiator in her. I don't know if I'm going to go with this radiator or one of the proven units that will cool a 5.7L V8. I have my eye on putting a smallblock Chevy mouse motor in the old girl in the near future, don't see a need to spend this kind of money on a radiator that wouldn't work.

I have a stroker on the shelf and more importantly my radiator failed this weekend.

Post summer reviews?

It is still going strong. Only one time did I have it warm up a bit and I turned AC off. (220) Was 105 out, steep grade for 4 miles... headwind and 3 bikes on roof. It did not overheat but I didn't want to find out so I cut the AC.

All summer it has been great. Idling, traffic, highway.... no issues. I would buy it again.

It is still going strong. Only one time did I have it warm up a bit and I turned AC off. (220) Was 105 out, steep grade for 4 miles... headwind and 3 bikes on roof. It did not overheat but I didn't want to find out so I cut the AC.

All summer it has been great. Idling, traffic, highway.... no issues. I would buy it again.

That's not a good review! It should not heat up under any conditions.

Probably trans heat bleeding into the radiator.

But they all heat up sometime. Even 4643 would get warm with the giant 3" thick griffin.

Considering that 210* is the standard operating temp for a 97-01 4.0L, I wouldn't consider a 10* temp spike under the described conditions worrisome.

mine has been working perfectly here in Cali all summer long, on the trail, hwy, traffic, 90-100 degrees outside and the engine temp never went over 215. My rig is caged, full size ales, and 37's so its a bit on the heavy side also.

Any more updated reviews of the Mishimoto radiator?
They have been out there for two summers.

I ditched mine

What, in your opinion, is the best drop-in radiator? My 2001's radiator is getting old and beat up from being bumped, during engine bay work.
The Mopar 52080104AC has worked well but if a better one is available in the $500 range, I'm interested.
Eventually, they will let us out and I don't want overheating problems when we finally head up to the Eastern Sierra, assuming it happens before next winter. I have plenty of time to work on it right now.

Back