• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Fest 2022 ! Aug 1st-7th !

Thanks for cross posting over in the NE chapter.

A bunch of us had looked at doing this trip in '22, and started figuring out logistics, but it fell through so the plans got shelved.

I have a conference in Vegas starting the evening of the 4th, and I was planning on road tripping out anyway...not necessarily towing the buggy out, but that might be back on the table now.

Theoretically if I put it together, I'd do as you said up there - camp/stage at the Tahoma trailhead Saturday night, cannonball the thing to Loon on Sunday, and then enjoy a leisurely pace back to Tahoma for a few days before heading down to my thing in Vegas on Wednesday night or Thursday morning.

*edit - or cannonball on Monday, whatever.

I've been up to Loon a few times, even took a rental to the granite bowl one year for Steaks & Stories, and drove up to the Tahoma trailhead once when I had a few days to kill at Tahoe. It's the bit in between those two that I'd like to cross off the list, and might as well do it twice :)

Buggy is good to go as it sits, tow rig needs some love and thorough going-over...but I'll keep this penciled in, if y'all don't mind an oddball buggy tagging along :roll:

26082724294_aa5553d983_b.jpg

I'm moving to Reno in May.... maybe we can have 2 NAC folks there...

As long as round headlight vehicles are allowed on this run, I am going to try and make it.

I realized its been 12ish years since Ive done the Rubicon, right about time to change that.

As long as round headlight vehicles are allowed on this run, I am going to try and make it.

I realized its been 12ish years since Ive done the Rubicon, right about time to change that.

Phil and Matt?!?

I think I need to try for the whole trip this year

Since to goal is to buy property this year jeep budget is going to be just fix ugly red thing

Last edited:
Yeah this is turning out to be awesome year for SF !

The BOD is working really hard to bring on even more vendor sponsors than last year, and last year was the best year yet !

Phil and Matt?!?

I think I need to try for the whole trip this year

Since to goal is to buy property this year jeep budget is going to be just fix ugly red thing

You don’t need to fix yourself, you’re alright how you are.

Is your Jeep ready?

I think the d30 finally gave up. Ring and pinion most likely. But I haven’t even pulled the diff cover yet….

I only ever lost a D30 pinion yoke (because it was contacting the radius arm) and two stock carriers around lunchbox lockers. I was not nice to it at the end and had 4.88s. They must have been good setups. I think one was Crash and the other was BC or Welndmn.

Planning on being there.........Hopefully, its been a rough year since i had to leave early from the event last year.

Very Interested from SoCal Chapter. Love it up there...

Feel free to join. We usually have 3-4 rigs from the So-Cal chapter come every year.

Yeah you will want to reach out to CJ mike, we will be kicking off Sierra Fest registration soon.

I am another SoCal chapter member that is real interested in attending Sierra fest. Is there a sign in process?

As Blondejon said - reach out to me, I'll post a more official "whose going" thread after our Memorial Day Reno Run to kick off for Sierra Fest.

Best to reach out via email for fastest response :compwork: ([email protected]) but other avenues okay too.

Hope you make it and become a regular in the SoCal (and NorthWest) entourage who come each year!!

As Blondejon said - reach out to me, I'll post a more official "whose going" thread after our Memorial Day Reno Run to kick off for Sierra Fest.

Best to reach out via email for fastest response :compwork: ([email protected]) but other avenues okay too.

Hope you make it and become a regular in the SoCal (and NorthWest) entourage who come each year!!

Thank you!

774badcf8191a54198f24f7ebda975dd.jpeg

Flier is done !

Share it out !

we posted it on our FB and IG too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Im planning on going up for my usual second half of the trip and meeting up with yall at hermitt valley on Thursday afternoon/night

Back