• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Next year to do...

NAXJA Forum User
1) need shackles for the rear suspension
2) flip hitch and make new rear bumper
3) possibly remove sheet metal from bed (outer skins) and do some tube work.
4) beat out passenger side door jam so bottom door hinge is able to engage again
5) make front leaves actually parallel like they should be
6) go through steering system. Something ain't right.
7) speakers...miss having tunes
8) make some sort of integrated tool/rigging boxes. Too much crap behind the seats.
9) may have to rebuild the D300...still cannot get it into high range at all.
10) pray I get 1 more year out of my tires
11) find more discarded drives lugs.
12) make brakes better
13) fix AC and left pull while driving on dodge
14) make Yellow XJ bring his jeep(s) next year. (you can make it the last leg of your western trek)
15) win the lottery
16) win the lottery (did I just say that)
17) make more candied bacon 6 lbs wasn't enough.

Do something with my motor.........

Tow rig....

Try out the Zip Lines on the Evarts side...

Rebuild my gooseneck & not borrow a trailer...

Cherokee did well, maybe add a PS cooler...

Long Arms would be nice too though!

I don't need an LS to have fun. I have fun with my jeep now even with all it's problems. How many of you slackers can say they have wheeled the same rig for 10 years at numerous parks and states?

I had same rig for 8 or 9 (might even be 10 I can't remember dates very well) years and have covered many states w it. So yes I can say that.

Last edited:
I will never put that in anything I own.

It sure seems like you're against anything that makes sense. lol

I don't need an LS to have fun. I have fun with my jeep now even with all it's problems. How many of you slackers can say they have wheeled the same rig for 10 years at numerous parks and states?

I bought mine in 2006. That makes this year 10 years. Granted, it's taken apart right now but I still have it. Thinking at this point it might as well go ahead and get an LS.

I bought mine in January of 2005...so 11.5 years and counting on mine.

Long arms (have them), stiffners (have them), better steering (need it), and rear bumper (need it as well)

My list of stuff to deal with:

1. New rear shocks
2. Rear bumpstops
3. Gears/locker
4. Rear pinion adjustment (degree shim)
5. Front control arm bushing (wants to push out the drivers side)

My 8.8, from the day it went in, has always whined. Coasting on the interstate on the way to the Crawl, it seems to growl now. The Lock-Right I installed last year didn't seem to lock up correctly. In a straight line pull it should have been locked and instead you could hear the locker clicking and at times it sounded like a little jackhammer. I'm looking at a full case locker to replace all this stuff and start fresh.

Back