• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Things to know for a first timer

foxwar71

NAXJA Forum User
Some of you may know who I am, some have even met me!! I'm ditching NACfest this year and coming the Crawl instead. I got the jist of the event but pointers for planning are always welcome. I'm planning to head down Wed/Thur so I can wheel a full 3 days, Fri-Sun. I'll be in a tent, or if I'm lucky I'll score a slide-on camper to put on my new goosenecks. Do I have to reserve anything? Show up and say I'm here to camp with a bunch of jeep weirdos? Just follow the Empire crew and let my inner self shine?!?

My goals are to wheel the stupidest things you guys point me at and flop/roll the jeep at some point.

If you are tent camping it, just show up and say "Hey I'm camping here for however many nights for the crawl". And yes, just follow us Empire guys and we'll go do some damage to our rigs on the mountain together.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Good advice for you and especially if you have kids is NEVER EVER pick up a rock, log, or other item without being extremely careful.

LOTS of copperheads in the area and someone's dog got bit 2 years ago.

Be prepared for heat and humidity, as well as a monsoon. Both tend to happen every day up there as it's summer time in the south.

Bring an appetite as well for the evenings, as we like to eat. Don't forget money for the raffle as well.

After years of driving a buggy XJ with no glass, I still forget to cover it at night. I'm really not the brightest, you guys are gunna have some fun experiencing me :)

Good advice for you and especially if you have kids is NEVER EVER pick up a rock, log, or other item without being extremely careful.

LOTS of copperheads in the area and someone's dog got bit 2 years ago.

That was my friend Lenny's dog. The one with the deuce and half camper. LOL!

Yea bring what you like to drink. If there is something you cannot get be we can we often have beer swaps so let us know.

A lot of people like the Evarts side. I have not stayed there but it looks rough. :looser:

They like it because it's WAY closer to the trails. and WAY closer to fuel and food.

I'm hoping with the improvement to the road up the mountain that getting to the trails from the campground won't take forever now.

They like it because it's WAY closer to the trails. and WAY closer to fuel and food.

I'm hoping with the improvement to the road up the mountain that getting to the trails from the campground won't take forever now.

that's true. ive stayed over there before for those reasons but not during crawl because I like to party party1:

In the finally countdown of getting ready!!!

30af220.jpg

Back