• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parting out HEEP

XJ project

NAXJA Forum User
Guys:

My brother had bought an 88 cherokee that is just so crappy that we cant even do anything with it. We are not sure if the fram is rusted through, but the body is trashed. I am looking to expend parts out of it. I will take pictures and PM them to you depending on what you are looking for.

Still has engine, trany/transcase, drive shafts, both axels (dana 30 front and dana 35 back), stock leaf springs, ect.

It is just taking up space in my drive way and I would like to get my brother some money so he can put it toward a better jeep (one that is running and worth making a project out of.)

He paid $200 for the dammed thing and didnt think to have me go look at it before he bought it. I am just looking to off load these parts and get him some money out of it.

I am making half doors that are removable out of the front doors (it is only a two door) so that will take some time as I have alot of projects.

PM me with what you are looking for and I will get the pictures to you.

So what is not trashed out, & worth salvaging that is for sale?

everything that is mechanical, all the windows except the windsheild, the reat hatch, the hood, passenger side door, gas tank, leaf springs, shocks, coil springs. some of the interior is in good shape, i think some sensors, and the electrical is all cut to pieces (not by me though). If there is something that you need let me know.

all that have requested parts and pics of the parts i am working on doing that right now. I will email or pm you with the pics. Sorry it took me so long.

passenger side vent window is gone and front sway bar gone. I still have the full trannny, rear sway bar, full rear leather seat, and interior rear quater panel stuff, dash is in good condition if anyone needs it. I also have all the glass exept for the pass vent window. The rear gate is fiber glass and has the electric heating window if anyone needs that. If anything else let me know. Also have the gas tank to.

How about the fuel pump assy and the horn? A good heater core perhaps?

Or the tail gate lock mechanism-hardware and or rear wiper motor assy? if no one takes the tail gate.

Fuel pump assy and the horn are in good shape. The rear gate lock mech. is trashed, but you can pick one up at autozone for like 10 bucks or so. I will look at the wiper motor to. I will sell you the whole rear gate, just need to check how much prices are from junk yards and what not.

XJ project said:
Fuel pump assy and the horn are in good shape. The rear gate lock mech. is trashed, but you can pick one up at autozone for like 10 bucks or so. I will look at the wiper motor to. I will sell you the whole rear gate, just need to check how much prices are from junk yards and what not.

OK, so how much do want for the fuel pump assy and horn? 77587 zip.

I am in Houston, TX so I will pass on the whole tail gate, thanks anyway, but too much freight, and WOW, $10 at Autozone for the entire lock mechanism ?, really, I never imagined they would the entire assy. I have had them rekeyed at a locksmith because outfits like Autozone did not have the lock parts or new locks.

let me check around for prices for the fuelpump and horn. I know a new one is 168 from autozone, I replaced mine with a new one. And let me check how much the frieght will be and I will get back with you on it.

Lifted91cherokee said:
I am in need of a steering column with lock cylinder and keys. Let me know if you have it and how much for it.

The column is in great condition, I just have to replace the lock cylinder cuz it is destroyed. I had to do the same with mine and got it from amc 4x4 for 160. do you need it with tilt steering and cruise?

I will see what i need to fix and will let you know how much.

Back