• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sport seats vs classic seats

bobzemuda

NAXJA Forum User
I've searched and can't really find what I'm looking for.

I picked up a set of 2000 Classic seats cheap. I have a sport. Are the Classic seats more comfortable then the sports? I had assumed so, but now that I have them in my posession, they don't really look any different aside from the headrest.

I had thought they were supposed to be more comfortable, and I want some wet okole's, so i figured I'd get the better seats prior to buying $200 worth of seat covers.

The only other post about classic vs sport comfort quickly turned into how grea the early 90s XJ seats were. I have a 2000 so this is not relevant to me.

I realize the WJ seats will fit and they're tits, but I can't find cloth ones, and i don't want to pay for leather.

So, more comfortable? Same comfort?

Thanks,
Bill

The seats major differences are fixed and adjustable headrests. The leather seems more comfortable but I think that is more of a result of the leather being less stretchable than the cloth which makes it seem more firm.
I had the drivers seat on my 98 fixed, broken weld where the back and bottom are hinged, it was actually giving me back problems, my son sitting in the back noticed it was lopsided. The shop pulled the seat, pulled the cover, rewelded it and welded on some reinforcing gussets then put new padding on it, better padding, cover back on and reinstalled. It was 3 or 4 times more comfortable than when I brought it in. Best $50 I ever spent.
I've considered replacing mine with adjustable ones but then I figure I'd end up having the same welds break and have to go thru the whole thing over again so it's on hold unless someone gives them to me.

I swapped in leather powers from a 98 Classic in my 2000 sport. I can say they are much more comfortable. I think they are more comfortable that the seats in the ZJ (which is a common swap). The power sliders go back about two inches farther the the nonpower sliders. If you have power to swap in the OEM plug is under the passenger seat. One wire in the plug is the seat power(heavier gage wire). The other is the heated seat power. ground is the screw near the plug. Add the breaker to the fuse pannel, and your good to go.

Back