• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: XJ

bigalpha

Wanted
- Budget: up to $3,000ish
- 6 cyl HO motor
- AW4
- 4WD
- Power locks and windows
- A/C

I'm looking for something that's in decent shape. I'd like to be able to jump in and drive anywhere. I'd prefer something with a decent body; I can work on mechanical issues easier than body work.

I would really like a Sport or Country trim, but I'm open to other options. Let me know what you have!

Hey Big, good luck on finding a nice one.I looked for a couple weeks/month till i found one.It was a pain too.I mean driving to AZ and the beach to look at them wasn't fun.

Good luck and make sure you go thru it real good TOP to BOTTOM.

Yeah, I've seen that posted for a while. How much do you think the dealer would haggle on the price? I've never attempted to do that so I don't even kno what to expect.

Hey Big, good luck on finding a nice one.I looked for a couple weeks/month till i found one.It was a pain too.I mean driving to AZ and the beach to look at them wasn't fun.

Good luck and make sure you go thru it real good TOP to BOTTOM.

Thanks. Now that I know some more about what I'm doing I should be able to spot problems issues a lot easier. Seems that Cherokees don't show up on CL too often, and when they do, they are way too expensive.

Went and looked at this today. He would only go down to $2,500. Needs new brake fluid, alignment, rear springs. One power window doesnt roll up, one door doesn't unlock, all left speakers don't work, headliner is jacked and so is paint. Needs some maintenance on TREs, etc. Engine ran smooth though, and the motor looked like it was in decent shape. AC was cold, too.

Back