• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for a Dana 35

QCXJ8879

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for a dana 35 rear end to swap out in my xj. I had a spare that I got about a year ago and never put in. My buddy had his blow up on his truck so I gave it to him thinking I wouldnt need it. Well murphys law I have some pretty awsome sounds coming from my rear end and just want to swap it out with a stock one. Please let me know if anyone has one laying around. Thanks Joey

They are stock gears. I had a complete dana 35 I was gonna put in it bud I had a buddy in a pinch so I gave him that one. Now Im getting some weird noises out of the rear end. It is lincoln locked and I want to do away with that as well.

No I looked for the tag that is suppose to be on the diff cover and there is none. Im not sure if they were ever changed out prior to me owning the jeep.

If my front drive shaft isnt hooked up would it matter if the gears are differant? I just want to get a new axle on and be done with it at this point?

Is this a daily driver? If you do any wheeling I would go with the 8.25 but if you're not hooking up a front drive shaft I guess you're not wheeling..... pull the cover spin the ring gear the ratio is stamped into it.

I do wheel it but it is also my daily driver. I have the front driveshaft off right now so I can have it rebuilt and I am going to check out my rear u-joints to see if maybe thats part of the problem.

Back