• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Key Fob programming for a 97

Red97XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Did alot of searching, no luck. I ordered one from dealer for $31, but they want 35 to program.

Is there anyway to do it myself? I have a 97 XJ.

thanks fellas,
Jason

Not unless you have a DRB III scan tool . My dealership will program them for free.I cant belive that they want to charge you money after you bought the part from them.

dietschs95yj said:
I cant belive that they want to charge you money after you bought the part from them.
Yeah, that's pretty f'd up. When you go in to pick it up, I'd talk to the service manager. If you bought the remote from them, they ought to program it right there for free.

my dealer gave me one free remote and programmed it, and programmed another one that i got on ebay.

i went to a dealer before that one, and they wanted $40 for it. He has the balls to charge me by the hour for a remote program.

You should goto another dealer if possible. If not have another member do it for you. the shipping charges will be less than the money your dealer wants.

A couple of the Jeep dealers around here will charge to program a keyless fob. I went to a Dodge dealer instead and had it done for free. Make a few phone calls and I'll bet you'll find one that'll do it for you.

that locksmith would need a computer.

I had to pay $32 for fob and $30 for 9 minutes of labor. I tried to argue it, basically they said tuff. Ohwell. I like the other dealer better (Sorg in Goshen, IN) in the next town, they have helped me out before. I called there AFTER I ordered mine and they said only $15 to program.

Regardless, now my jeep makes a good sound.... chirp.

Back