• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

YJ Bastard Pack for rear of '97 XJ?

ybstuk

NAXJA Forum User
Hello - first, let me state that I'm a newbie to this forum, but not to jeeps. I've got a '95 YJ with 5.5" combined lift, 33's, winch, bumpers, etc, etc... Bought the YJ new, and all work has been done by myself.

I recently acquired a '97 XJ for $500. It had a slurry of issues, mainly lack of maintenance stuff...

To the point --> I'm looking to add a small lift to this thing, as it sits so darn low compared to my YJ (hell, compared to my wife's minivan!). I've got some leftover YJ parts up in the attic. YJ stock springs, as well as an old set of YJ 2.5" Rancho springs. I"m looking to add roughly 2" to the rear of this. I was hoping to do a DIY AAL with some of the parts I have from the YJ.

Has anyone had any good luck doing this? I've read a bit on it, not finding anything definite. I know the YJ springs are different in length, and I also know XJ springs have offset centering pins, and that I'll have to drill out new holes in my YJ springs... No biggie. I figure I'll probably just have to play "trial & error" with the different springs & such. I was just hoping maybe someone has done something similar, and perhaps could point me into a direction to start with, possibly saving me some time.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

YBSTUK

My 97 had a YJ pack mixed in with the stock pack when I bought it. Its since been replaced with OME.

Like a tank compared to OME.

Back