• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PLEASE HELP With these damn locking hub wheel bearings.

McBergs

NAXJA Forum User
Okay so I’ve done a lot of work to my xj to get it running good, went to get an alignment and shops said my wheel bearings are too lose they can’t do it. Alright no problems, ordered 2 hubs thinking that would work while not being familiar with locking hubs. Start tearing apart the hubs and find that A) the rotor actually has the studs pressed into them and B) the wheel spacer (what I think is a wheel spacer) actually hold the wheel bearings. So these stock hubs I ordered obviously won’t work, and now I have no idea how to get these outer bearing races out. These are mile marker hubs on my 98 xj. Have a Dana 30. The only model that looks like these are made for a ford and Mazda so I have no idea what’s going on here. Please any help is appreciated thanks guys. I’ll give any more information if needed
42843fe138e3f42e83fc84761267680c.jpg

ad8997445a7831a2ebab7d07302040ba.jpg

82c99c234dd6891a34b736c687289020.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should also mention that the hubs themselves look like this. They appear to be the 428 but I don’t really know.
5631379e0133088c93035bb206c60cc3.jpg

Okay so I watched this video, ( https://youtu.be/cs7iYFYxBuw ) looks like I have a similar ish setup. The races appear to be pre installed and don’t come out so I guess I’ll get the same bearings that came out? If someone could confirm that would be super helpful.

Looks like a unit bearing 3bolt flange.
I'd call milemarker or possibly warn I think they're tied togethere.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Looks like a unit bearing 3bolt flange.
I'd call milemarker or possibly warn I think they're tied togethere.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Those warn ones do look identical. I’ll give them a call to confirm but I think (hope lol) that I just pop some new bearings in. Thanks for the help.

Back