• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Protect your XJ from theft

azdesertrhino

NAXJA Forum User
This is a locking collar to protect you rig from someone busting the column open and stealing your rig. Since I sold my XJ I don't need it any more.

Many here know the story of how our near pristine 94 XJ with alarm and parked in a security patrolled lot was ripped off and totaled. Don't let it happen to yours!!

Picture of our Jeep Prior to some low life slime ball crack head that doesn't deserve... oh sorry, wrong thread! hasta

Our rig before it was ripped off.

Passenger_side_from_rear.jpg

Column busted out gave access to ignition. Alarm was disabled and rig gone in seconds.

Bustedoutcolumn.jpg

Joy riding scum of the earth slid it sideways into a telephone pole!

Seriousreardamage.jpg

Uniframe damaged so bad rig is totaled. Only carried liability insurance, slime ball ran from scene, never caught, my loss.

Possible column lock would have prevented the break in due to high visibility or would have at least stopped such easy access to the column ignition and saved me thousands of dollars.

Picture of the collar on rig is on our replacement XJ. Fits pre 94 XJ's, also used it on my 87 YJ, may fit other rigs also.

LockingCollarandBox.jpg

CollarlockonXJ.jpg

$45.00 Shipped CONUS. Excellent condition, 2 Keys. No longer have original box.

heres my anti-theft device:
Anti-TheftDevice.jpg

oh, and always keep the car you want stolen in FRONT of the XJ!!!!!!!!!

Sweet deal, to bad I am in debt up to my ears to another guy for a new toy!!!!!

:rtm:

Yea, we always figured we were safe with an alarm and parked in a security patroled lot at a busy hospital complex.

That is until Tucson police were contacting us wondering why our rig was left wrapped around a pole.

sad story, makes me cry every time I hear it.
Damn waste of a good looking cherokee...............

Saddest part is the low life slime ball didn't kill himself in the wreck or, even better, maim himself so he suffered every freakin' day of his miserable life.

Whoops, did I say that out loud??

I didnt hear anything, did you???

Back