• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I guess that explains why it's so quiet here

Yeah - the lightening storm that caused that grid to relay-down last time was no pleasure, but... it was better than the heat --- and the subways weren't as full...

Actually, NYC residents are dealing with this pretty well so far (can't tell what's goin' on in Ohio and Michigan however). Outage mainly confined to Northeast New Jersey as well. Only issue out by me in the western part of the state is that my fire company is on stand-by alert, but it looks like State Police and National Guard are in position to handle things with the transport net close to the city. 10 x 1000's still have to get across the Hudson and then home. A real mess out there.

Just getting dark though - could be a real long night.

Mike in NJ :patriot:

WoHooooo I'm finaly back online. :party:
Now that I can turn the AC back on I can sleep in the bed instead on the basement floor. :yelclap:

We where down for 30 hours.

Michigan delt with it pretty well. I was surprised how polite folks where at busy intersections. The only altercations that I heard where at a couple of gas stations downriver (south of Detroit) that where on generators and had mile long lines for gas. Other than that the water pressure was down a bit and we and to boil it before consumtion.

you michigan fawkers are responsible for our metra train line being down......

why the hell our chicago commuter train routes are being switched by some company in detroit I'll never know....

who is the genius that comes up with these things?

probably the same idiot who designed the north-east grid network.

Beezil said:
you michigan fawkers are responsible for our metra train line being down......

why the hell our chicago commuter train routes are being switched by some company in detroit I'll never know....

who is the genius that comes up with these things?

probably the same idiot who designed the north-east grid network.

Blame it on the Buckeye's, the think it was a switch east of Cleveland that caused the whole blackout.

Back