• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need info

raelayotte

NAXJA Forum User
i want to run 35 in tires on my 98 cherokee what size lift do i need. i can do all the welding and fab work my self i just nee to know what parts i need i under stand that theres kits out there. im just tring to keep the cost down and i under stand there people out there in the same boat im in. all the help u give. I thank u very much

coil spring, leaf springs, shocks, uca/lca, trimming, brake lines, hack&tap or SYE at minimum...

stock axles might get eaten by 35's if you don't know how to run it so a 44hp/9" would probably be in your best interests.

6 inches w/ trimming.
Sounds like you are new to this, so you probably wont be doing any hard wheeling just yet, so your stock axles should hold up pretty well w/o lockers.
I ran 35" MTR's for 2 years on a stock D30 & 27 spline 8.25, held up OK w/ open diffs & mild wheeling. Broke 1 pass. side front u joint, and 1 front short side shaft. (beating on it pretty good) Take it easy, and you will be fine.

i have done chevy and ford lifts before im just new to jeeps thats all i know i would have to up grade axles sooner or later. I know i can use a dodge D rear springs and grand cherokee. 4.5 coil springs upper and lower control arms but what i need isto know what size and anyother part that will help i not going to be wheeling to much right know i have moved out of my home town so i need to find some places to go

Back