• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front and rear output shafts

RichP

NAXJA Forum User
Are the front and rear output shafts on a 231 of equal strength ?? Could the front yoke be removed from a 231 and used in the back in place of SYE kit ?? I've never had my DS's off so I have never really looked at that before. The other question is, are the front and rear DS's of equal strength, the front is so much smaller diameter than the rear or is that just an illusion of the stock rear being hollow vs the front that has the slip yoke in it and both are equal strength...

I know TJ's Run XJ Front shafts in the rear with no problem. as far as the yokes i tried using a front 231 yoke on my rear slip yoke for a Custom SYE but the spline count was different. but i have a NP 207 not a 231 so it may work for you. Try it and see that is usually the best way.

Tommy

The 231 front output has a different spline type then the rear output. My front shaft isn't too much smaller then the rear. I think they were about the same lenght.

Back