• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gigapixel images!

DrMoab

NAXJA Forum User
Been listening to this podcast called This week in Photography. One I was listening to from awhile back was talking about a guy who did a project at Yosemite NP where they took a camera and a special robot type tripod and took over 500 images stitched them together to make an image that was over one thousand mega-pixels!

Check it out at www.xrez.com

Re: Pixel images!

Its like google earth.....but from the side instead of above........and its clear!

Re: Pixel images!

Doh! The thred was supposed to be titled Gigapixel images. Could a mod fix that please?

I admit I was thinking of making the thread title a little more interesting but then decided not to.

Now if it were the Den......

I spy the gillette world shaving headquarters

I spy the gillette world shaving headquarters

Ya that picture is from the top of the Prudential Center in Boston. South Station is right next to the Gillette headquarters, I see it everytime I take a train home.

You can also see the Hancock building, Copley plaza is right there, then behind that is the Boston Gardens and Commons, then Beacon Hill. There is actually a restaurant on the top floor of the Prudential, its really a great view up there.

Back