• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rockauto

Prime rocks.

They Jacked me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my box opened them up took them out to the jeep get the tools out do the first one all fine and dandy they changed the bracket no big deal. Go to do the other side and it's 4 inches longer than it needs to be. look at the package and two different part numbers.

I'm on hold now....................................................

Shipping is kinda retarded these days if you are picky about part brands, but their prices are rarely beat. I just submitted probably my 30th order Friday, $240 worth of parts for my crapcans.

The front of my desk at work...

Yeah, I might have ordered from rockauto a couple times :gee:

(that is just since I started here in July. I didn't bring any of my magnets from home)

I'm sure I'll have another few magnets to add to the collection within a few weeks.

if it had fit I would have used it but that lift support was 4"+ longer no way I could have compressed it down to fit. Was on hold 20 min and they sent me a FedEx slip to send it back and they are sending me the correct one out in the morning. the one support is holding up the hatch with no problems. the 2nd will just be a bonus at this point.

I don't recall crossing a Black cat, walking under a ladder or breaking a mirror. REALLY!!!
WHY ME???????

So they sent me a prepaid ticket to ship back the wrong part. (COOL)
I get home and the replacement is on the porch Friday night. (COOL)
Then this morning the 2nd set of lift supports for the wife's Jeep gets dropped off along with the radiator. (COOL)

Open the box this morning. Part# I order SG214022 part # they send me SG214002?
NOT F-ING COOL!!!! Cant use them the mounts are different. WAYYYY different and it's about 2" too long.

I'm on hold. #12

Radiator looks to be right.......So far.

Ok so they are sending me replacement ones. I will say Customer service over the phone TOP NOTCH!

Too bad order fulfillment isn't worth a $hit.

How ever when talking to the guy he said they would email me my shipping confirmation.
I asked about emailing me the tag to ship back the wrong parts and he said in this case no I can do what I want. That the shipping tag wasn't worth them due to the cost of the part? Up well OK???? I called back to double check and next guy said the same thing. So if this guy at work doesn't want them for his older model XJ than Look for some cheap ones in the FS section very soon.

SACHS Part # SG214002
Category: Lift Support

1984-1996

I don't recall crossing a Black cat, walking under a ladder or breaking a mirror. REALLY!!!
WHY ME???????
That is what the kid behind the counter says when the veins in my forehead stand out. :D

Last edited:
So I haven't bought anything from rock auto in over a year + and I started a wish list of items I needed to get for my 2001.XJ and the Wife 2013.JKU after hours of putting together my wish list I go to the check out, and they said my area and Tax deal doesn't allow them to let me purchase from them. Well that was a real kick in the pickle last night.
I hate going to bed all pissy.

Kinda had to laugh at the shipping options on the Jensen brothers website for the level it product...lol... they offer all sorts of high level fast shipping above the free basic shipping , but the 2nd batch of level it product won't be shipping until around summer , so why would anyone care to pay for extra speedy shipping when the wait is a few months to start ? I bought two sets hopefully they be in my hands by may-june . In the mean time I'm going to cut off my lower strut mounts and kick them out another few inches since on full flex I come nowhere near hitting these narrow trepadors and have no immediate plans to return to 19 inch wide swampers . I will also leave a little extra room above the steering arm for unseen issues since I mushroomed the bottom of my passenger strut foot after working on my steering and forgetting to tighten the high steer arm bolt down completely b4 cycling the steeimg ...lol... yep it now goes full lock to lock and the bottom of my strut is now missing about a 16th of aluminum.

Yeah, Sam (zluster) had the same issue. We live all of a few miles apart, so he just shipped stuff to my place.

I'm technically county, not city.

Apparently if you live in the city of Fort Collins...no go.

I tried Evans, my home. Then loveland Work. And a buddies house in Ft. Collins and all 3 are a no go.
I just wish when i signed in it would have noticed my address so I hadn't spent hours shopping just to be told to F. off.

Well I did some price checking between rock auto and Amazon and 2 Items i got this weekend were cheaper on Amazon with free shipping the other two were a bit more but still have free shipping vs rock auto charging shipping soooooooo. I'd call it a draw maybe. I'll have all the items here by Thursday so i can work on the jeep this weekend.
Down side to Amazon is if you don't have part numbers or the exact description it's really hard to find items there vs Rock auto when it breaks it down by the brand make model.

So a guy I work with says rock auto works for him if he uses his daughters address in Johnston.

Loves me some Rock Auto. I tend to put a large consumable order in every 6 months or so. Normally if it's more than a few parts it's a wash money wise if it's one or two items I'll order though Amazon if possible.

Back