• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Did some armor the other day, it’ll all get color matched with linex, a trailer light harness from curt, and some new led bulbs to replace the burned out junk. Next days off I’m putting on hood spacers and a viper coil from k suspension.
29fc117d8100030e6312446e6bb97cce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did some armor the other day, it’ll all get color matched with linex, a trailer light harness from curt, and some new led bulbs to replace the burned out junk. Next days off I’m putting on hood spacers and a viper coil from k suspension.
29fc117d8100030e6312446e6bb97cce.jpg

That’s a nice XJ! I want to add armor to mine as well, but need to do 2x6 tubing rockers first.

I like the lower portion of the doors painted black like that, I might do something like that...

That’s a nice XJ! I want to add armor to mine as well, but need to do 2x6 tubing rockers first.

I like the lower portion of the doors painted black like that, I might do something like that...

Thanks man! All the black you see is armor. I’m gonna color match it all except the lower rear. I really really liked the clean look but I had some dents in the lower door that needed covering up so I opted for armor. Shit is pretty heavy too, I can feel the weight of it after install.

2x6 rockers would be sick but that’s a ways out of my wheelhouse.

Thanks man! All the black you see is armor. I’m gonna color match it all except the lower rear. I really really liked the clean look but I had some dents in the lower door that needed covering up so I opted for armor. Shit is pretty heavy too, I can feel the weight of it after install.

2x6 rockers would be sick but that’s a ways out of my wheelhouse.

I almost went with red D-Rings too...lol. I ended up going with plain black.

a47f03ffda12e922719a416ea777dd9c.jpg
a53a50bd76eff55e41c244292d539ff3.jpg

Slowly bringing my new XJ back to life. Essentially every thing that wears or can wear is toast. Installed new front Bilsteins, one Stinkyfab motor mount (passenger side had to wait), Stinkyfab anti-tierod-roll boots, and new sway bar bushings. Drives 100x better now.

Coming this next week - Distributor (shakes), catalytic converter (po gutted), o2 sensor, leaf bushings (or new leafs), new fluids all around, front brake rebuild (new calipers/pads/rotors. Maybe more.

Goal is to have it solid by the time spring hits and then take it on the Gambler 500.

Also, will trade beer and wrenching time for driveway space to wrench on my rig! Apartment living and Jeeps don't mix well.

Slowly bringing my new XJ back to life. Essentially every thing that wears or can wear is toast. Installed new front Bilsteins, one Stinkyfab motor mount (passenger side had to wait), Stinkyfab anti-tierod-roll boots, and new sway bar bushings. Drives 100x better now.

Coming this next week - Distributor (shakes), catalytic converter (po gutted), o2 sensor, leaf bushings (or new leafs), new fluids all around, front brake rebuild (new calipers/pads/rotors. Maybe more.

Goal is to have it solid by the time spring hits and then take it on the Gambler 500.

Also, will trade beer and wrenching time for driveway space to wrench on my rig! Apartment living and Jeeps don't mix well.

Hi and welcome! Was thinking about the gambler 500 too. Willing to share driveway space however my weekends are Sunday through Tuesdays. ....and I'm out in Hillsboro. If it works for you let me know.

Hi and welcome! Was thinking about the gambler 500 too. Willing to share driveway space however my weekends are Sunday through Tuesdays. ....and I'm out in Hillsboro. If it works for you let me know.
Thanks! Hillsboro isn't too far from me so that could work out.

And today Dolores (yeah it got named) got some new shoes. 33x12.5x15 Dick Cepek Trail County EXPs. 45k tread life warranty and a "hybrid" tread design. Got em at 4 wheel parts on a pretty good sale. First set of Dick Cepeks I've ran, and I guess Cooper owns them now so quality should be there. We'll see!
130a1f8c66125284dc746a80713bef7a.jpg
94109cc63ee9d35a34d8d6c0ff2c252b.jpg
5ce08051a90b341928af53dbaa3c714b.jpg

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Finished the ZJ brake booster and master swap on my 91 2wd and threw on my old 31's. Still need to fix the rough idle, leaky sunroof and look into why the font driver side is leaking grease - then it should be ready for the gambler 500 this year... If it isn't cancelled.
53a8cbc50c81a5b25c757abe8572f610.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Power steering Pump Cardone A1 20-38771
Power Steering Pully Cardone A1 3P-35132
Idler Pulley Bolt Dorman RB 917-951
Idler Pully Gates ZO 38942
Power steering pressure hose Gates ZP 353770
Power steering return hose Gates ZP 363510
Helicoil M8 1.25 (?) in PS lower caliper bolt
Flush Power steering fluid

Busy day! :cheers:

Back