• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DS/ rear axle arc?

4x4JeePmaNthINg

NAXJA Forum User
looking for a new DS after ive added shims. Being that i can no longer fit a front DS on the rear 99 np242 h n tap sye to c8.25, and ive tried flexing the hell out of it to do so. SO

if i was to add shackle relocation brackets down the road (fitting 35s maybe), (currently on 3.5 RE lift), would this push the axle closer to the TC?

in my mind any lift would fulcrum on the on the front leaf mount, and raising the jeep seems like it would make the axle closer to the TC, no?

Lift is lift no matter how you go about it, the leaves themselves will establish the rest. If you have any real plans in the future for it just get a real sye or even a super shorty.

Lift is lift no matter how you go about it, the leaves themselves will establish the rest. If you have any real plans in the future for it just get a real sye or even a super shorty.

Is it safe to say the leafs are maxed at any changes that could effect pinion/tc out out, so far as proximity goes?

No real reason to add the sye or shorty dye, thus far the hack n tap has been fine. Sure the bearing might go quicker, but I'm guessing not by much..

The rear axle basically moves up and down. At full compression it is closest to the t-case. Your local drive line shop can re-size your existing driveshaft for about $100, or build a new one based on your measurements.

Properly installed, a Hack & Tap is adequate.

I'm measuring 30.5 from yoke ear to ear.

Closest shop quoted 180$ to resize and balance, but I'm not putting that money down and not getting new u joints. So new drive shaft is maybe 30$ and heavy duty.

Back