• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Will be ordering a new rear bumper for the commander to paint and replace the busted one . My neighbor was trying to push by hand on the ice his utility trailer that was loaded with a few full size cut up pine trees , so I asked if he wanted some help and so I said hey let's just move it with the jeep ...lol... well I backed up to the coupler and he dropped it on the ball and I proceeded to set up and start to back it into his lot and just as soon as I attempted to turn a little bit I hear a poping and cracking ( like breaking plastic) . The trailer is a bit narrower than my Jeep so I could not see from my seat that my bumper was into this trailers storage box...lol... he ... modified... The trailer with a tongue mounted storage box that leaves 12-18 inches from the ball mount to the storage box...lol... can't steer more than 6 inches before your maxed out and into the box. So after being aware of this limited during space I pit it into the slot and got on carparts. Com to order the new bumper . I could fiber glass and filler this one ,but it broke all the mounts so they need fixed and by the time I buy the materials I'm close to the $135 for a fresh bumper that just nerds paint. I think I may clear coat the fender flares at the same time since they're fading on the clear ... I could just leave it , but I know I can't look at it for another year or so while I still own it.

I swear that is the same luck I have when doing a favor. It seems like every time I do someone a favor, it ends up costing me. :smsoap:

I swear that is the same luck I have when doing a favor. It seems like every time I do someone a favor, it ends up costing me. :smsoap:

For me this was good luck since my usual luck would have damaged the body not just the easily replaced bumper cover. I still have Two cases of 10 spray max 2k clear and 1 case of 2k primer so just need a couple cans of paint loaded into fan tip cans to paint the new cover that's coming . After I fix it I will probable rear ended on my way to work ;-)

Going to most likely be ordering the new level it add on suspension upgrade from ori to my struts at both ends . I stumbled across these today which is good because I was about to order a sway bar but these should work and package better for my needs ... just hope they show b4 summer .

My junk is actually getting close to driving again...I might actually wheel this summer!

My poop box is trail ready now, but I'm probably going to paint it which will take a few of my weekends to strip it , prep it and paint it. After that the remaining things being done to it won't take it off the trail .

Well we'll see how expensive this turn out to be . I got home around 930 pm Tuesday night and didn't realize my Dodges key fell off the key chain until last night .The only time I had the key chain out of my semi was when walking to my car at the yard when going home and when going to the anytime fitness in salt lake city...hopefully they found a key....lol... if not it's going to get pricey since it's a chipped key and I don't have a second key only a non chipped door key. Having a key made and someone to come and program it is ... $$$$...

It’s $600 for a new pro grr Ames ignition and two programmed keys.zz

After two days of looking the key was found . It was in a drawer at the guard shack the entire time. They didn't turn it into the lost and found and the guard who put it into the drawer didn't tell anyone he did . Now it's time to get copies made while it's easy and cheap vs when you've already lost the only key you own .

After two days of looking the key was found . It was in a drawer at the guard shack the entire time. They didn't turn it into the lost and found and the guard who put it into the drawer didn't tell anyone he did . Now it's time to get copies made while it's easy and cheap vs when you've already lost the only key you own .

I have 6 copies. I went on a bit of a Cant find $h!t stint so I made a bunch me my wife my office hidden one in the garage. Which I'm pretty sure i lost already. gave one to my folks.

Kinda had to laugh at the shipping options on the Jensen brothers website for the level it product...lol... they offer all sorts of high level fast shipping above the free basic shipping , but the 2nd batch of level it product won't be shipping until around summer , so why would anyone care to pay for extra speedy shipping when the wait is a feAnd w months to start ? I bought two sets hopefully they be in my hands by may-june . In the mean time I'm going to cut off my lower strut mounts and kick them out another few inches since on full flex I come nowhere near hitting these narrow trepadors and have no immediate plans to return to 19 inch wide swampers . I will also leave a little extra room above the steering arm for unseen issues since I mushroomed the bottom of my passenger strut foot after working on my steering and forgetting to tighten the high steer arm bolt down completely b4 cycling the steeimg ...lol... yep it now goes full lock to lock and the bottom of my strut is now missing about a 16th of aluminum.

I'm pretty tired of hearing about the new dam flu bug . The common influenza kills many people every year in the U.S. this virus doesn't really seem to be much different from the common flu most just get sick for a couple weeks and the unlucky folks who have weak or underdeveloped immune system get the harsh end of the bug...thats no damn different the damn regular flu...but the damn media is packaging and pumping this shit up to be God damn EBOLA and folks are using it as a reason to take vacations from work.

Got a load of toilet paper coming into Costco a bottled water load leaving Colorado... I'll start the bids at $1 million... hand sanitizer and Lysol later this week .

My rant on this corona bug is that I had plans to smoke some ribs this weekend and all my suppliers were out. no pork ribs no short ribs nothing. I have so much shredded and whole smoked pork butt right now I really wanted ribs this weekend.
I had a new cigar, and bottle of whiskey ready to enjoy while smoking some meat and no love.

My rant on this corona bug is that I had plans to smoke some ribs this weekend and all my suppliers were out. no pork ribs no short ribs nothing. I have so much shredded and whole smoked pork butt right now I really wanted ribs this weekend.
I had a new cigar, and bottle of whiskey ready to enjoy while smoking some meat and no love.

First world problems, wait 'til you have nothing to wipe your ass.

First world problems, wait 'til you have nothing to wipe your ass.

I have socks. HAHAHAHA

I'm already a Prepper my nature. I'm not too worried about supplies like that.

I buy in bulk and hoard stuff as it is. Between my smoker and food saver I'm good for months.

I grew up a boy scout, so hunting, fishing and camping background, so I have that survivalist back ground about me.

And I have ALL the whiskey.

SO they did have alot of salmon, but I was so "OLD MAN PISSY" about the baby back ribs I forgot to go get some salmon. I might swing by on my way home and pick some up smoke it and vacuum seal it.

NOPE. But interested in how it turns out if you do use it. I have a few projects i need to do something like that with.

probably soon as i just cut the sheeeeeeeit out of my passenger door. Typical rust in the seems. Ill prime and probably hit it with raptor in the next few days.

Didnt realize i had as much herculiner on as i did. It quite durable and builds thicker than it seems when applying.

Been meaning to hit up a good meat packing vendor i go to, but i figure they are bought out. probably call tomorrow and see if anything is available.

Back