• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New oiling project........

Gotcha, for some reason I thought the pressure sensor was post filter.

GOT TO LOVE IT....

It's all done now and I can get 20psi prior to start-up. All my rattles on a cold engine are gone. Still needs some tweaking, the 3amp fuse blows as it comes to rotor lock-up so I will replace that with a 5 amp auto reset breaker and I should be good to go.

This is working out great.....

I think the reason for blowing the fuses was that the entire engine/oiling system was dry(I did wet-out the filter). As it stands now, I can get to 30psi without blowing a fuse(breaker's not here yet). The engine is loving it but I will not get on it until I verify the flex-plate run-out(and that's no guarantee). I need to shorten the pick-up hose about a inch to get it to a little better positioning.

5A breaker......

I finally received it, now I'm going to see if I can blow the 5a fuse and then install the breaker. I've been able to run the pump up 30psi so far.
P1080759_zpsy3hdsoth.jpg

It's been 3 months now and I use it all the time. Originally I had planned to use it on the first start of the day but I use it a lot more than that because it's so easy. It takes about 6 seconds to hit 30 psi so it's definitely not a inconvenience at all, but well worth it!.

A little update. It's been 3 yrs now and all signs are showing reduced bearing wear. I can't prove anything without a full teardown (which isn't going to happen) but my hot oil pressure has remained the same as my initial build/start-up so that does mean something. I use it everyday upon first start, it's kind of a pilot's pre-flight checklist!

Back