• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

9 second charge rate lithium ion battery claimed by MIT

Ecomike

NAXJA# 2091
NAXJA Member
Now if we could just bludgeon all the electronic equipment manufacturers into making 1 standardized charging connection,....

Now if we could just bludgeon all the electronic equipment manufacturers into making 1 standardized charging connection,....

Like starting with the companies who make Li-Po's for r/c applications, the different balance plugs for each manufacturer and sometimes within manufactuers are almost enough to drive me nuts:banghead:

They are actually doing that on cell phones, even between the same manufacturer, Motorola, I have had 4 different chargers, the newest one on the V750 is even smaller than the one on the razr and 755. Now I have 5 razr/755 chargers and two data cables I can't use on my 750 unless I buy the adapter dongle for $10 each.
I'm going to put all our wall wart phone/headset chargers, 6, on a power strip and turn the thing off every morning.

These guys just got REAL interesting in late news today. I have been following their stock for 3 months ( I think I posted it here somewhere earlier but it did not turn up in my search...., about how they beat lithium ion and Nickel metal hydrides in a recent DOE test for cycle speed,, charge, discharge speeds, using a carbon anode in a lead acid battery, and they got something like 3000 charge discharge cycles with an increase in energy density, and no loss in performance!), and I finally bought some of their stock last week. Tonights news should start this stock sailing, as they had little sales so far, start up, 1 year old IPO, with losses so far, but they seem to have signed a large battery contract with the big boys at Exide!

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/sto...D8CF-DA76-4410-816C-009249C8F258}&dist=pfbeta

... signed a large battery contract with the big boys at Exide!
Just FYI Exide's largest distributor, NAPA, just dropped them in favor of Johnson Controls. That's bound to give Exide a hit to the ol' wallet.

I'm not sure if they announced it or not, but I got the memo at work about 2 weeks ago that we were switching over to JC.

Damn, I have an Exide gel-cell I needed to turn in on warranty. Guess I better hurry up and do that.

Just FYI Exide's largest distributor, NAPA, just dropped them in favor of Johnson Controls. That's bound to give Exide a hit to the ol' wallet.

I'm not sure if they announced it or not, but I got the memo at work about 2 weeks ago that we were switching over to JC.

Interesting, thanks. I did not see that in the news on Exide & NAPA, not the kind of thing they would push in the news, unless it was a real huge hit. A lot of news is spin to sell stock. I knew JC was into new battery R & D big time (Part of the new DOE electric car and grid battery R & D consortium), but I did not know they were into lead acid car batteries. I wonder if JC makes their own LA batteries?

Back