• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who wants a Diesel WK?!

Ben824

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys wanted to throw this out there that I work at a Jeep dealer in Roswell, Ga. and we just got a 2007 Black Limited DIESEL Grand Cherokee WK with a mere 50,000 miles on it in great shape! I know the Diesel is rare and sought after especially amongst us Jeep enthusiasts. If you are interested let me know and I can send you more info and give you my personal cell number to call me and talk about the vehicle. I can also put up some pictures later if there is any interest! I am drooling over this thing myself and have driven it and fell absolutely in love and would love to see this bad boy go home with a owner that will truly enjoy it!

WOW, What engine and drivetrain?

Found this-
Diesel

2005 Grand Cherokee with 3.0 V6 Turbo Diesel

In Europe, South America, South Africa and Australia, a V6 CRD engine produced by Mercedes-Benz was available from its introduction in 2005:
OM642 3.0 L CRD V6 Turbo Diesel with Variable geometry turbocharger (VGT). It produces 215 horsepower (160 kW; 218 PS) and 376 lb·ft (510 N·m) of torque at 1,600 to 2,800 rpm at a fuel consumption of 17 mpg-US (14 L/100 km; 20 mpg-imp) city and 22 mpg-US (11 L/100 km; 26 mpg-imp) highway. Note: MPG figures are based on United States Environmental Protection Agency, European combined consumption is 27.7 mpg-imp (10.2 L/100 km; 23.1 mpg-US).
In North America and elsewhere this 3.0 CRD V6 was available from 2007, but was short lived. The Mercedes-Benz sourced unit meets stringent Euro 4 Emission standards without the need for a diesel particulate filter - which hampers vehicle efficiency, however - it includes a diesel particulate filter (North America only) to apparently further reduce exhaust emissions. It was not however available for sale in California or certain Northeast states, due to new stricter emissions regulations for non-commercial vehicles. Vehicles could be bought used in California and Northeast states, as the regulations only applied to new vehicles.
This engine is also used in the majority of Mercedes-Benz vehicles: C-Class, CLS, E-Class, S-Class, ML-Class, GLK-Class, GL-Class, G-Class, R-Class, the Vito / Viano, and the Dodge / Freightliner / Mercedes-Benz Sprinter.

WOW, What engine and drivetrain?

I can look into which transmission exactly that it has since I am not 100% sure but the motor is the same 3.0L Diesel engine in the Mercedes Diesel SUVs so this motor will last forever! The rest of the drivetrain is the same as a Hemi WK.

From the research I have been doing on these diesel Jeeps, which I have been doing this research since about September when I was thinking of tracking one down to buy, those fuel economy figures for US Jeeps are very low. Now fuel economy will depend a lot on the driver and their driving style but this can potentially see 18-20 city mpg and 25-27 highway. But again that is the potential of the vehicle and results will vary with each driver.

Last edited:
Asking price of the dealer?

I'd live to pick it up as a commuter, but there's no way I could swing a $20k vehicle right now.

I'd live to pick it up as a commuter, but there's no way I could swing a $20k vehicle right now.

The Diesels hold their value really well so there is that but these things get incredible mileage! Customers have claimed to get 18-21 city and 25-27 highway! And this thing will throw you back in the seat as much as the Hemi will!

Back