• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheeler Lake 8/14

RUOffroader

NAXJA Forum User
It was a great day out with some of the XJ boys again. Interesting to say the least. PNW.XJ had to work in Breck at 5, and everyone was telling him before the trip he would be back in time. Well, I hope you made it back man. We had a TJ snap a rear lower control arm at the top, and had to bandaid it with ratchet straps and just creep down the trail. Surprisingly there was very little traffic on the trail. We only ran into 4 rigs all day.

I think the most intersting pic of the days goes to PNW.XJ hands down. He did the largest wheel stand I have ever seen! AT 6' tall, I had to reach for the bottom of his rim above my head, to pull him down. When you see the pics, you are gonna think "wow that guy flopped". But nope, just 3 wheelin it.

21.jpg

25.jpg

30.jpg

34.jpg

41.jpg

59.jpg

62.jpg

66.jpg

78.jpg

83.jpg

87.jpg

94.jpg

98.jpg

I have no clue how you guys pull so many pictures with a wheel in the air! I have only ever seen one tire go in the air over a foot on wheeler lake besides Chris at cofest 2010. This trail is on my to do list for this year, so as soon as my jeep is ready to go, you both are doing it again with me.

I have no clue how you guys pull so many pictures with a wheel in the air! I have only ever seen one tire go in the air over a foot on wheeler lake besides Chris at cofest 2010. This trail is on my to do list for this year, so as soon as my jeep is ready to go, you both are doing it again with me.

HAHA lol well we just like to pose for pics. What happens when you take the harder lines David :D

it looks worse than it was -- good camera work from David...

That's what mom is for dude! She just snaps pics all day. I see plenty of tires rise on lots of trails, I just never catch it on camera as I am always jumping on the rig to pull it down lol.

Back